Boats Around Detroit
Photographs and Stories of Boats
from the Detroit River
- S.S. Aquarama,
a relic of the 1950s-60s on the Detroit-Cleveland ferry-cruise run,
makes her final trip from Detroit.
- J. W. Westcott mailboat, ZIP code 48222.
One hundred and one years of water-borne mail delivery in Detroit.
- A Parade of Boats in the Detroit River, December, 1995, marks the closing of the
- The Laurentian,
a University of Michigan Research Vessel calls on Detroit's Riverside Park.
- The Gemini tankship makes an
unscheduled stop in April, 1996.
- The American Republic
carries the Olympic Flame
from Detroit to Cleveland.
- The USCGC Bristol Bay,
a U.S. Coast Guard ice-breaker. Discover the ship, her crew,
and her mission.
- The Cuyahoga, a handsome laker
we met one afternoon in the shipping channel.
- The USCGC Mackinaw, the Great Lakes' Icebreaker.
- The River!,an aerial view of the Detroit River.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 by James W. Hebert. All rights reserved!
Last modified: March 31, 1999
Verified HTML 4.0 Transitional