The John G. Munson forms the rear-guard
of this northbound trio. That distinctive bow identifies her
as part of the United States Steel Great Lakes Fleet. Launched in 1952,
she was lengthened 102 feet to her present 768 feet
in 1976. This confined her to the lakes above the Welland Canal,
whose maximum capacity is for vessels of 730 feet length.
Copyright © 1996, 1998 by James W. Hebert. All rights reserved.
Page Last modified: July 22, 1998