Evinrude E-TEC G2: Optional Digital-to-analogue Convertor

Information about Evinrude I-Command, ICON Pro, and ICON Touch Color Displays
art3166

Evinrude E-TEC G2: Optional Digital-to-analogue Convertor

Postby art3166 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:03 am

I recently rigged my 2003 Ranger 521 Comanche with a 2016 Evinrude E-TEC G2 engine. Installing the G2 kit was very simple. As you can imagine it's mostly plug-and-play.

When I started installing the digital to analog converter for SystemsCheck [gauges] I ran into a wall. The instructions are vague on how to hook up this system to a tachometer and on what to leave on and what to take off.

I am on the the last leg of this journey and would like to button this thing up.

Any diagrams would be extremely helpful to me.

jimh

Re: G2 digital to analog converter

Postby jimh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 am

Since you are self-installing the rigging, do you have the Evinrude G2 Pre-delivery and Installation manual?

A drawing titled "09_Mechanical Remote Controls – MCM Converter Set up for Analog Gauge Display" gives a pictorial view of the wiring. Several other diagrams also show the wiring of the Universal Control Module (UCM) in various configurations.

If you do not have the Evinrude Pre-delivery and Installation Guide for E-TEC G2 engines, Evinrude provides a website where you can get an electronic copy of that publication for free. VIsit

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com

Website navigation is very simple using the pop-up choices at the left. The website is specific to a particular session, so I cannot give you a URL to a specific resource. You will have to navigate to the resource using the navigation tools on the website.

jimh

Re: G2 digital to analog converter

Postby jimh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:42 am

art3166 wrote:The instructions are vague on how to hook up this system to a tachometer and on what to leave on and what to take off.

If you have a specific question, I can try to help with a specific answer. I don't have an answer for your implied question regarding "what to leave on" and "what to take off."