ICON Pro RPM Gauge and Speedometer Firmware Compatibility

Information about Evinrude I-Command, ICON Pro, and ICON Touch Color Displays
martinaero

ICON Pro RPM Gauge and Speedometer Firmware Compatibility

Postby martinaero » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum. I hope I can contribute to the community in a positive way.

I have a 2015 E-TEC 60-HP. I bought a set of ICON Pro gauges. I bought an RPM Gauge in January and a Speedometer and GNSS receiver in February from the same dealer, DUSKY On-line in Florida.

The ICON Pro works perfectly; it receives the engine and GNSS receiver data like SOG, COG, and position, but the Speedometer gauge shows NO DATA message. Also, it has a blue backlighted screen instead of a green one.

I chequed the firmware versions: the RPM gauge has a 2011 version and the Speedometer gauge a 2015 version.

Do you think [the difference in the firmware versions between these two gauges] may be the [cause of the Speedometer gauge to show NO DATA]?

I already contacted the dealer and they don't have any idea what I am talking about. I also called Evinrude, and they told me that only the dealer can support me.

Martin.

jimh

Re: ICON Pro RPM Gauge and Speedometer Firmware Compatibility

Postby jimh » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi Martin. Of course, I assume you have connected the Speedometer to the RPM Gauge by interconnecting the two harnesses. If you do not have the detailed, 26-page, color, profusely illustrated ICON Pro Gauge Installation Guide, you can obtain an electronic copy of it from the Evinrude website.

As far as I know, there is no method for an end user to alter the firmware embedded in the ICON Pro gauge. I don't think there is any way for the dealer to alter the firmware in the ICON Pro gauges.

If the two gauges that DUSKY sold you are not compatible--and it seems like that is what has happened--then you should seek a remedy from DUSKY. As Evinrude said, you need to seek out your dealer for support of the products you bought from him. You purchased these two ICON Pro gauges with the basis that they work together, and, if they don't work together, then the remedy must come from the dealer who sold them.

Regarding the backlight color on the ICON Pro gauges, I have only seen green backlighting. I believe that other colors of backlight are an option on some versions of that gauge as sold by the OEM. As far as I can tell, the gauge is actually made by Faria and in their catalogue is referred to as the MG3000. But in the ICON Pro versions, the backlighting is always green in my experience.

I wonder if somehow you were sold a generic Farina gauge instead of an Evinrude ICON Pro gauge for the Speedometer. That might be the root problem.