MORAD VHF-156HD Antenna and Mounts

VHF Marine Band radios, protocol, radio communication theory, practical advice; AIS; DSC; MMSI; EPIRB.
jimh

MORAD VHF-156HD Antenna and Mounts

Postby jimh » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:16 pm

I set out to write a short article in this forum about the MORAD VHF 156HD antenna and its mounting system. In the process of studying MORAD antennas and mounts, I found there was more to explain and describe than seemed appropriate for a forum article, so I wrote a REFERENCE article about the antenna and its mounts with a number of in-line illustrations and several hyperlinks to more information. See

The MORAD VHF-156HD Marine Band Antenna
and Mount Options

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/MORAD.html

The executive summary: the MORAD VHF-156HD antenna is a commercial grade, rugged antenna with a number of mounting systems. It is an all-metal antenna and compared to consumer-grade lower-tier fiberglass antennas is significantly more expensive but also significantly more durable.

This thread can be used to make comments or ask questions about the antenna and the REFERENCE article.

David Pendleton

Re: MORAD VHF-156HD Antenna and Mounts

Postby David Pendleton » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 am

Nice work Jim, as usual.

I don't even remember how I became aware of the MORAD antenna. I was a little perplexed by the mounting "system" when I bought mine, but the folks at MORAD were more than helpful.

Regards,
Dave

jimh

Re: MORAD VHF-156HD Antenna and Mounts

Postby jimh » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:42 pm

In September 2020 I installed a MORAD VHF-156 HD antenna on my boat. I describe the installation process in a lengthy article at

A Captivating Saga of VHF Antennas
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5734