Boston Whaler Survey

A conversation among Whalers
jimh

Boston Whaler Survey

Postby jimh » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Here is a completely random survey of boats I have seen in the past two days:

We were hauling our Boston Whaler REVENGE 22 W-T Whaler Drive boat to the launching ramp on Friday. When we got to the ramp a local was just finishing preparing his HARPOON 4.6 for sailing off the trailer. I only had a moment to glance at it, and it looked like a perfect condition boat.

On Saturday, we rode our bikes to the ramp for some exercise. There was a empty trailer parked there with a BOSTON WHALER logo on the frame. I am guessing it might have been a 15 to 17 foot Whaler. We did not see the boat.

At the fuel station a block away, a classic MONTAUK 17 with Yamaha two-stroke-cycle outboard was just pulling out from the pumps and heading for the ramp.

Later on Saturday, we passed THREE more MONTAUK boats on the highway heading north.

This was a great showing for classic Boston Whaler boats heading for the water in early June in northern Michigan.

leadsled

Re: Boston Whaler Survey

Postby leadsled » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 am

I keep my 1989 Outrage 18 on a mooring in Scituate Harbor, the home of Boston Whaler testing back when all Whalers were made in Massachusetts. You would not believe how many Whalers are on moorings and at slips in the harbor not counting many that launch at the state ramp. There are around 6 or 7 Outrage 18's in the harbor. If I have time I will drive around and list them all by size.