Specialty Marine Replacement Navigation Lamp Pole Does Not Fit

A conversation among Whalers
robbyrosa

Specialty Marine Replacement Navigation Lamp Pole Does Not Fit

Postby robbyrosa » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:10 am

I ordered a replacement navigation lamp pole from Specialty Marine for my 1983 Montauk without the stanchion and standoff kit because the originals are still on the stern. Unfortunately the pole diameter is too large to fit the existing stanchion and standoff.

Specialty Marine says, "All Boston Whaler railing and stainless parts are 7/8."

I hate to order a replacement stanchion and standoff only to find that it is the same one I have on the boat and have the light pole still not fit. Any thoughts?

kwik_wurk

Re: Specialty Marine Replacement Navigation Lamp Pole Does Not Fit

Postby kwik_wurk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:38 am

Do you have a caliper to get an exact OD dimension of navigation lamp pole and ID of stand off. -- I can measure one of mine tonight (which are original OEM and works).

Tom Hemphill

Postby Tom Hemphill » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 pm

Hmm. Specialty Marine's web site, where they list the stanchions separately for sale, says the stanchions "will fit any light pole that is 3/4" outside diameter.""

robbyrosa

Postby robbyrosa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 am

thanks guys. I am going to measure diameter. Specialty Marine now stands corrected and believes the light pole should be 3/4" and that it is possible the light pole I received is bigger than that. They've asked me to measure and send photo. Will update this post with findings...