Boston Whaler 270 Outrage; Quality of Recent Hulls

A conversation among Whalers
fishergirl

Boston Whaler 270 Outrage; Quality of Recent Hulls

Postby fishergirl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi folks. Does anyone have experience with the Boston Whaler 270 Outrage? Specifically, I'm looking at a 2008. How's the ride? How are they holding up?

Also, what's the overall quality of these more recent Boston Whaler hulls? I had a 13 footer in the 90's that I'd zoom around on, but after a few years the glue between the deck and the hull separated. Maybe I had a lemon. Would you say Boston Whaler is still a name in high-quality hulls?

Thanks a mill!

Albert Jr.

Re: Boston Whaler 270 Outrage

Postby Albert Jr. » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:37 pm

I've experienced fishing on an Outrage 320 which had decent space for the size.
Ride overall was pretty good. Fast to plane with only 500 hp and the quality of the hull is decent.

jimh

Re: Boston Whaler 270 Outrage; Quality of Recent Hulls

Postby jimh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:08 am

Boston Whaler boats are being built now to the highest quality in their history. The production process is very highly engineered, controlled, monitored, and refined.

If you had a c.1990 Boston Whaler hull with a significant structural defect as you describe, that is, "after a few years the glue between the deck and the hull separated", you could have obtained a remedy under the ten-year hull warranty. The appearance of a major structural hull defect after "a few years" of "zooming around" would have been very unusual and would, most likely, have resulted in replacement of the hull under warranty at no charge. It is hard to believe that this occurred and the boat owner sought no redress from Boston Whaler, whom I am sure would have been very obliging to correct this flaw.