Boat covers

A conversation among Whalers
cleep1700

Boat covers

Postby cleep1700 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:13 am

I purchased a cover for my 15 from therse folks. Nice cover, well made, and a good price. They are having a sale: http://www.nationalboatcovers.com/?utm_ ... b73cc8d21e

Cleep

Oldslowandugly

Re: Boat covers

Postby Oldslowandugly » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:42 am

I ran through the list of models and I couldn't find a square bow Whaler style. Even the one that was supposedly for a 15' Whaler Sport had a rounded bow. Which model did you buy? Can you post a photo? The company looks good and Sunbrella is the way to go.

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:22 am

Old,

If you don't find the cover you want there try Carver Covers. IMO, they offer the best value in a Sunbrella cover and they make a semi-custom cover for many Boston Whaler models both classic and newer. We have one on our Sport 13 and 190 Montauk. Great fit on both.
[url]carvercovers.com[/url] Oops, I didn't do that URL properly, sorry.
Butch

Oldslowandugly

Postby Oldslowandugly » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks Jefecinco, not to hijack the post but, how are these covers supported? Poles? Most seem to rely on straps attached to a trailer. On my skiff I used PVC bows with an Attwood canvas cover and I had snaps along the outsides of the gunwales. I wonder if I could do the same using my rod holders for bow inserts. I really need something to keep the bird poop off the decks.

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Depends on the boat. On the 190 Montauk the cover is supported by the console windshield guard rail and the bow and side rails. It is tied down with straps around the trailer rails. On the Sport 13 it is supported by a telescoping pole fitted to a snap fitting and the side rails. Tied down same as the Montauk.

There are dozens of photos on the Carver web site.
Butch