2002 Ventura 210: Dimensions of Filler Panel for Bow Seats

A conversation among Whalers
Frank72

2002 Ventura 210: Dimensions of Filler Panel for Bow Seats

Postby Frank72 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:16 pm

[What are] the dimensions of the [triangular filler panel that fits between the bow seats of] a 2002 Ventura 210?

Where I can find the [dimensions]?

I’m thinking about making [a triangular filler panel that fits between the bow seats].

jimh

Re: 2002 Ventura 210: Dimensions of Bow Filler Plate

Postby jimh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Are you asking about the dimension of some sort of accessory panel that fits into the forward cockpit and fills a gap between seats?

Frank72

Re: 2002 Ventura 210: Dimensions of Bow Filler Plate

Postby Frank72 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Yes it’s a panel or plate that fits or rests between the bow seats with cushion that came with the boat. I want to make one. Its shape is sort of triangular.

jimh

Re: 2002 Ventura 210: Dimensions of Filler Panel for Bow Seats

Postby jimh » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:54 am

If you have the boat, couldn't you go on the boat and measure the space between the bow seats that you want to fill with a panel?

I am a bit of a skeptic, so I would place more trust in measurements I actually made of the size of panel that was needed on a particular boat to fill in the space between the seats than I would place in some random data given on the internet. A few years ago I made a filler panel to fill in the space between two seats on my boat. I made some careful measurements of the size of the panel and then made a panel to those measurements. The fit was very good. If you are not an accomplished carpenter, then make the panel a bit larger than your measurements suggest, and trim the panel to fit when you get it on the boat and see how it fits.

I don't know of any resource on the internet that maintains a list of the dimensions of the filler panel for a 2002 Ventura 210, but, even if there were such a resource, I would not be entirely certain that the dimensions it gave would be the exact dimensions necessary to make a panel that fit your boat.

[Changed TOPIC to better reflect the actual topic. Deleted duplicate thread in another forum started on same topic.]