Hello and Thank You

A conversation among Whalers
Tailwind

Hello and Thank You

Postby Tailwind » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello All. I am a new poster and new to this forum, but have read off and on for years. I can't say enough about the value of the extensive information complied here. Thank you to all involved!

I have wanted a 15-foot Boston Whaler for perhaps 40 years. I'm not at all new to boating but never got the boat I wanted when I was 12-years-old. Fast forward to December 2016. I'm in the market for a dinghy and looking at 11 SPORT boats. My brother finds a 15 for what looks like a pretty low price and I tell him, "buy it!"

So, you know what that means----she's a bit rough.

So, I will be on the forum asking for advice on cosmetic repairs and propellers. Stay tuned.

Kind regards,
Mike

jimh

Re: Hello and Thank You

Postby jimh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello Mike--welcome to the forum. The SPORT 15 is a great boat--perhaps the best 15-foot boat ever made. You will have a lot of fun with it. I just hope your back is up to the low seating.

Tailwind

Re: Hello and Thank You

Postby Tailwind » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:33 pm

It seems to ride pretty well, even though it is far from dialed-in at this point. The one I have has a flip-back cooler seat and an elevated side console. It is actually just like a center console, just not in the center. Those low seats look cool, but you're right, they re rough on the back!