Whaler Cohasset in Atlanta accident

A conversation among Whalers
superdave_gv

Whaler Cohasset in Atlanta accident

Postby superdave_gv » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:56 pm

image.jpg
Cohasset in AJC 20151203
image.jpg (33.4 KiB) Viewed 5194 times

Today's Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) covered an accident involving multiple cars. The driver of the first car exited a stalled vehicle and was struck by the second car. The driver of the second car exited to render aid and was struck by the third car, an SUV. The accident was at 4:50am on Wednesday Dec 2nd in southbound lanes of I-75 near the Atlanta airport. The article mentions that "the fourth vehicle, which was towing a boat, 'made an attempt to avoid the collision,' .... that caused the boat to overturn."

Very unfortunate incident for all involved. The Boston Whaler appears to be a Cohasset model. It looks possible that the registration starts with MC but too hard to tell. I figured I would share in case anyone knows the boat.

Parthery

Re: Whaler Cohasset in Atlanta accident

Postby Parthery » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 am

A female was killed in this accident. Not sure whether she was a passenger or hitchhiker. The fatality investigation was the reason for the six hour closure of the interstate.

Murphy

Re: Whaler Cohasset in Atlanta accident

Postby Murphy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:24 pm

I travel into Atlanta on 85/75 everyday... I still cannot understand why people will get our of their car on an 8 lane highway which is one of the busiest in America. Sad story, and too common here.

I wonder if the Cohasset did not have it's tow strap in place?

RM