Well friends, I now have a Whaler 'fleet'.....

A conversation among Whalers
Masbama

Well friends, I now have a Whaler 'fleet'.....

Postby Masbama » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Masbama

Re: Well friends, I now have a Whaler 'fleet'.....

Postby Masbama » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks! It was quite an adventure finding and eventually buying this boat I'll have to share it with all.

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:03 am

Congratulations and welcome to the Coastal Alabama Boston Whaler Fleet Owners Club (CABWFOC). As far as I know you're the default President, Treasurer and Secretary due to the overall size of your fleet in LOA. Other members may correct me. Enrollment is limited to owners of more than one Boston Whaler boat. Enrollment is automatic and the bylaws prohibit resignation. Dues are set by the President as are the dates of meetings.

That's a very nice acquisition and for sure you'll enjoy it.
Butch

Masbama

Postby Masbama » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:33 pm

That is a great honor sir but I defer to you.

We have been looking for another boat to keep down at Dauphin Island and we are restricted to a 19 foot maximum length due to towing vehicle and yard space. Checking what's out there is kind of a hobby of mine and I came across this one. It was in St. Marks, Florida and it looked too good to be true so my daughter and I went on an adventure figuring we have nothing to lose.

The boat was at Shields Marina, an incredible facility, and the owner (Brett Shields) is equally incredible. We went on a sea trial and it passed and I offered a low ball price and it was accepted. The previous owner repowered last year and also put a high end Garmin on the boat. The motor has 31 hours and five years of warranty left.

Brett was concerned that the trailer may be somewhat suspect so he put on two new tires,new springs, a new hub and a pair of new fenders and he did the work himself! He even fixed the wiring and lights, all at no charge. What a guy!

Anyway, we are pleased with the boat and look forward to seeing you on the bay.

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:07 pm

There is nothing much better than an excellent buying experience. Again, congratulations!

You may not see me out there until the Fall bite. We are finding just about all our time is taken up by the building process. We found a nice high lot on West Canal Drive in Gulf Shores and are about to break ground on a final home on the ICW. No boat lift yet but as soon as the budget allows we'll get it done. Meanwhile we'll be using the ramp under the Hwy 59 Bridge. It's about three blocks east of us.
Butch

Masbama

Postby Masbama » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Outstanding! Good for you!

Dutchman

Postby Dutchman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:12 pm

BUTCH GOOD FOR YOU i'M JEALOUS
EJO
"Clumsy Cleat"look up what it means
50th edition 2008 Montauk 150, w/60HP Mercury Bigfoot

vze2gbs4

Postby vze2gbs4 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 pm

I have seen that boat for sale and what captured my eye was gray color of the hull. I have never seen 190 in any other hull color beside white. Is that a hull wrap or she was awl-gripped.Owned few 190 and it is one of my favorite whaler hulls because she rides great and deck is very specious and well designed.Leaning post option is more practical than captain chairs that previous owner upgraded judging by the pictures. Congrats on your purchase .

Masbama

Postby Masbama » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:11 pm

It's awl gripped and and professional job at that. The seats look great and I can use them as a leaning post too. I was hesitant until I saw it in person. It really passes the eye test.