Hello been a while

A conversation among Whalers
Happy Gilmore

Hello been a while

Postby Happy Gilmore » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:50 am

I didn't see a place to say hello but, I figured I'd pop in. I've been back to this page soo many times over the years. I found it back around 2001 I believe when I was looking for information to work on the 13' Supersport from my childhood. (which is in my new second phase of reworking) I'm in a closer position to look at a larger off shore boat now and have found a love of tuna fishing 60-70 miles off the Washington State coast. Anyways, always dreaming and dreams coming closer to reality in the coming years. Still love the BW's.

I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for keeping up this page all these years. I don't remember what my old handle was years ago. Friends call me "Happy". It's Paul aka Happy Gilmore. Good to see you all.

Happy Gilmore

Re: Hello been a while

Postby Happy Gilmore » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:26 am

Found an old topic. My old handle was Duckin Whaler. Is Sal still around? And, I still have my old 13'.

jimh

Postby jimh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:33 am

Hi Paul--I believe Sal M passed away. The forum has been going since 2001, and, sadly, in those 17 years we have lost several prominent contributors.

Happy Gilmore

Postby Happy Gilmore » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:41 am

I searched around a little and found his obituary from 2011. I shared some off line conversations with him which I really enjoyed and remember to this day. Having read that I'm curious if some of the commercial fisherman I know who are now retired were familiar with Sal. One now has his winter home near where Sal made his home in Ca.