"Unsinkable" + Book Signings

A conversation among Whalers
mdplunkett

"Unsinkable" + Book Signings

Postby mdplunkett » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding Unsinkable: The History of Boston Whaler. I hope it serves as a fitting tribute to the brand and its proud heritage.

A number of people have commented about wanting to get their book signed. Of course, I'm more than happy to do so. Geography, as in military and political history, matters. I'm based in Los Angeles, but I'm working to build a travel schedule for the fall and winter to support the book. With any luck, I'll be in attendance at some of the larger boat shows (Boston, NYC, Miami, Chicago). Likewise, I'm trying to interest maritime museums and local bookstores to bring me in to speak/read and sign books.

If you're interested in hearing updates on my travel schedule, sign up for the occasional newsletter on the book's website (http://www.thewhalerbook.com) or visit my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/thewhalerbook).

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Thanks,
Matthew Plunkett
Author, Unsinkable: The History of Boston Whaler

Email: thewhalerbook@gmail.com

andrey320

Re: "Unsinkable" + Book Signings

Postby andrey320 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Just ordered the book, looking forward to reading it. Where in LA are you located?

Thank you!

mdplunkett

Postby mdplunkett » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 am

I'm in North Hollywood. Are you in LA?

andrey320 wrote:Just ordered the book, looking forward to reading it. Where in LA are you located?

Thank you!

Divin'Ivan

Postby Divin'Ivan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:00 am

mdplunkett wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding Unsinkable: The History of Boston Whaler. I hope it serves as a fitting tribute to the brand and its proud heritage.

A number of people have commented about wanting to get their book signed. Of course, I'm more than happy to do so. Geography, as in military and political history, matters. I'm based in Los Angeles, but I'm working to build a travel schedule for the fall and winter to support the book. With any luck, I'll be in attendance at some of the larger boat shows (Boston, NYC, Miami, Chicago). Likewise, I'm trying to interest maritime museums and local bookstores to bring me in to speak/read and sign books.

If you're interested in hearing updates on my travel schedule, sign up for the occasional newsletter on the book's website (http://www.thewhalerbook.com) or visit my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/thewhalerbook).

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Thanks,
Matthew Plunkett
Author, Unsinkable: The History of Boston Whaler

Email: thewhalerbook@gmail.com

I'd consider Fort Lauderdale boat show this fall. In my opinion its far superior than Miami
Current boat - 2018 270 Dauntless, Twin Mercury 225 Verado
Previous boat - 2013 190 Outrage, Mercury 150 EFI - SOLD

mdplunkett

Postby mdplunkett » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:11 pm

I've heard that the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show is an important show on the calender. I'm working with BW to figure out if they can provide me some space to sign books and talk about the experience. Same for shows in Boston, NYC, Chicago, etc.

andrey320

Postby andrey320 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 pm

mdplunkett wrote:I'm in North Hollywood. Are you in LA?

andrey320 wrote:Just ordered the book, looking forward to reading it. Where in LA are you located?

Thank you!

I live in Calabasas, work in Woodland Hills and my parents live in your city... Magnolia/Wittset area. Maybe I can let you know next time I'm in the area.

mdplunkett

Postby mdplunkett » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Send me an email (thewhalerbook@gmail.com) or find me on Facebook when you know you're going to be in town. If the schedules work, I'm sure we can find a time to meet.

Same goes for anyone else within the CW community. If you find yourself in the LA area, drop me a line.

Best,
Matt

www.thewhalerbook.com
thewhalerbook@gmail.com

InVision

Postby InVision » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

Congrats Jim and Continuous Wave !!

Page 129 :-)
Proud owner of 2004 Boston Whaler 190 Nantucket ! ;)

Boat Photos

InVision

Postby InVision » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Sir,

I am almost through reading your fantastic book for a second time. Great work !

I do have a question for you. If there is an error do you want to know? Are there plans for revisions?

Thanks again,

M
Proud owner of 2004 Boston Whaler 190 Nantucket ! ;)

Boat Photos

mdplunkett

Postby mdplunkett » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi InVision!

Thanks for reading the book. Sadly, you are not the first to catch an error or three in the book. (Perhaps most egregiously, I mislabeled a Dauntless as an Outrage in one photo.)

On the positive side, the book is already heading into its second printing and a couple of the errors were caught in time. On an even more positive note, the publisher believes interest in the book will justify a third printing. My goal is to have all of the errors cleaned up by the 3d printing.

That said, feel free to drop me an email (thewhalerbook@gmail.com) with your observations. I've created a list of mistakes to correct before that 3d printing and I'll add yours to it.

Thanks--

Matthew Plunkett
www.thewhalerbook.com