Glenn from Eatonville, WA

A conversation among Whalers
KG7IL

Glenn from Eatonville, WA

Postby KG7IL » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:39 pm

I found this forum while researching the compatibility of my old Lowrance LMS-337c DF devices (blue connector) with my newly purchased HDS-7 Carbon (TotalScan).

While I have more hobbies than I have time and money... a few of them are:
Woodworking, light metal, fishing, flytying, electronics, electric, Ham Radio, Fishing, Camping, Boating, RVing, Snowbirding, Side by Side Desert Running, Beekeeping.. and who can remember.

I found that jimh posts provided much of my needed information and thought I would drop in, up the member count, increase my post counts and have a good time.

I have little to add, but my obscure knowledge and frequent sarcasm. I will behave.. Mostly...
Forgive me if I forget and post something funny.

Hello to all of you. (shhhhh my boat is a 2006 Trophy 1952 WA)....

My forum activity is usually under KG7IL or MODERNRIFLE.... (oh, I forgot i live to reload, shoot, buy guns, build guns and teach others to shoot).

jimh

Re: Glenn from Eatonville, WA

Postby jimh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:31 am

Glen--Welcome aboard. I am also a licensed radio amateur, K8SS. But at this moment my prime hobby is boating, with boating electronics replacing ham radio electronics. --jimh

KG7IL

Re: Glenn from Eatonville, WA

Postby KG7IL » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 am

Jim, I haven't been on the air since 2007 or so,
I moved from a city lot to the country and have 20 acres and room for any antenna you could imagine. But I haven't done anything since we arrived here 2009. Our evergreens run well over 100 feet and are spaced for.... you name it.
We have enjoyed our boating, rving and other activities, but this year my Lowrance LMS-337c DF failed for the final time. I gave up on the (self) repairs and decided to replace it.
I settled on the HDS-7 Carbon with the TotalScan. I did hunt down two adapters for the old Blue Network and the Transducer (Dual Frequency) of the old rig. I'll see what works..

Thanks for providing this great repository of information.

Glenn