Ferdinando in Puerto Rico

A conversation among Whalers
Jefecinco

Ferdinando in Puerto Rico

Postby Jefecinco » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 am

Ferdinando, a participant on Continuous Wave, lives in Puerto Rico. No doubt he is going through a difficult time after Hurricane Maria. We hope he and his family is unharmed and that damage to his property is minimal.

I doubt Fred is able or has the time to follow CW right now but I hope when he logs-on again he will find we were thinking of him and wishing him well.
Last edited by Jefecinco on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butch

WhatKnot

Re: Ferdinando in Puerto Rico

Postby WhatKnot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Puerto Rico got a second whammy with the collapse of the Dam; so sad.
Be Safe

ferdinando

Postby ferdinando » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:42 pm

Butch--Thank you for the kind words and concern. Yes, I was incommunicado and was without electricity for about 60 days--luckily just a week before the storm I had solar panels installed and they were not blow away. Basically I had about 90% electrical power for those 60 days.

Luckily my Whaler was stored in my garage, and, other then getting real dirty, it came through okay. My home in SJU had the patio heavily damaged, but luckily I do have insurance.

As I now live on the south side of Puerto Rico I still have very limited Internet. I am currently in Orlando since last week tending to my wife who is battling cancer. I just checked in to our forum and saw Butch’s post. Please forgive me for taking so long to answer. And thanks again for your genuine concern. Fred

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:43 am

Fred -- Good to hear you're doing well and suffered no extreme damage. Sorry to hear your wife is battling cancer. We went through that a little over ten years ago with a good outcome, so far. We certainly hope your wife is able to fight this thing successfully. You'll be in our prayers.
Butch

ferdinando

Postby ferdinando » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Thks Butch.......