Evinrude E-TEC 10-Year Warranty Promotion

A conversation among Whalers
jimh

Evinrude E-TEC 10-Year Warranty Promotion

Postby jimh » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:22 am

Beginning on November 1, 2017 and running until April 30, 2018, qualified buyers in the USA of a new and unused Evinrude E-TEC engine will receive 10-years of warranty coverage. There are a few restrictions:

--only engines in recreational use are covered; no commercial, professional, or government use is allowed;

--you have to buy from an authorized and participating Evinrude dealer, in the USA, and complete the purchase, delivery, and registration of the new engine between 11/1/2017 and 4/30/2018;

--the 10-year coverage is subject to all exclusions, limitations of liability, and all other terms and conditions of the the standard BRP warranty and the B.E.S.T contract, including without limitation the exclusions of damages caused by abuse, abnormal use, or neglect;

--the engine must be new and unused and be a 15 H.O model or above Evinrude E-TEC engine

--the coverage consists of three years of BRP Limited Warranty and seven years of BRP Extended Service Terms (B.E.S.T.) coverage subject to a $50 deductible on each repair, unless you are a Florida resident, where you get 10-years of BRP Limited Warranty.

Full details are given on the Evinrude website on their EVINRUDE PERFECT 10 SALES EVENT page

The offer of 10-years of warranty coverage must be the strongest and best warranty available in an outboard engine. It was not that long ago that outboard engines were being sold with one-year of warranty. Modern manufacturing methods must be producing superior products to allow such extended coverage of an engine.

The coverage of the Evinrude Limited Warranty is specified for a particular time period. The coverage of the BRP Extended Service Terms is stated in the contract document, and often includes a limitation in both period and engine hours. As far as I can tell, the extension to 10-years of coverage will likely include a limitation on engine running time of 1,500-hours. That is an average use of 150-hours each year, which is probably at least two times the average recreational use and perhaps three time the average recreational use. Consult the actual contract provided to learn the exact terms of the B.E.S.T coverage regarding engine running hours.

conch

Re: Evinrude E-TEC 10-Year Warranty Promotion

Postby conch » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:29 pm

I have read that engines purchased in Florida by Florida residents also receive free rigging with this promotion.

[Linked to a grainy image of a magazine advertisement. I deleted this link because you could not read the details of the promotion. Here is a thread about the Evinrude 2017 Fall Promotion on another website: https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/889670-evinrude-fall-promo-s-10-years-free-rigging-free-idock.html. In Florida there appears to be quite a few different offers being made, depending on which model is purchased. In some instances a buyer can get additional benefits of free or discounted rigging components, too. If you live in Florida and want to buy an Evinrude in the next few months, check with your local Evinrude dealer who is participating in this promotion for all the details specific to Florida. If I find some publicly posted document from Evinrude themselves that lists all the details, I will be glad to link to it.--jimh ]

jimh

Postby jimh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:09 am

All the warranty promotions in Florida are distinctly different due to some state laws in Florida about how warranty offers must be made. That's why there are specific terms mentioned for Evinrude engines sold in Florida to Florida residents. This has been discussed in prior threads on the topic of engine warranty promotions. For example, see

http://continuouswave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2614&p=14889&#p14888

jimh

Postby jimh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 am

As best as I can tell, the offer in Florida that includes a mention of free rigging is something exclusive to Florida residents and engines sold in Florida. The offer also varies depending on what model E-TEC engine is purchased, how many engines are purchased, if the engine is part of a boat-builder already installed engine and boat purchase or just a loose engine purchase, and what option the buyer chooses from several options in the promotion. The details and complexities of this Florida-only offer are probably best left for the participating dealers to explain to their engine buyers. But, in general terms, the promotion is a great deal, even if you don't live in Florida. And if you live in Florida, you can get an even better deal from the promotion.

Here is a better link to the general USA promotion flyer:

http://www.evinrude.com/content/dam/evi ... _fp_us.pdf

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 pm

A dealer has posted information that Evinrude has reinstated the 10-year-warranty promotion for the period July 6 to July 31, 2018. If I find more details I will append them here.