REVENGE 22 W-T Bow Pulpit Weight

A conversation among Whalers
BDBinWV

REVENGE 22 W-T Bow Pulpit Weight

Postby BDBinWV » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 pm

I am considering purchasing a used bow pulpit and porta-potty cover/table from a damaged Revenge 22 W-T. Both items are supposedly not damaged and in good condition. Does anyone know the approximate weight of either item? I'm trying to determine the approximate shipping cost.
Last edited by BDBinWV on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimh

Re: REVENGE 22 W-T Bow Pulpit Weight

Postby jimh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm

I don't quite understand what sort of device you describe with the unusual terms porta-potty-table.

In the REVENGE 22 W-T there is a wooden table for the cabin that was an option (as I recall). It was very crafty in its design because it could be fitted to be a small dining or snack table between the berths, or reoriented to become a small filler panel between the berths at their level. The table did not incorporate a marine sanitation device; it was just a wood table. It wouldn't weight very much, perhaps 10-lbs at most.

To estimate the weight of the bow railing, find the total length of 1-inch-diameter stainless steel tubing used to make it, then find the weight of that tubing by the foot. I would estimate the railing is about ten feed (if you have the bow pulpit option) in length, so at least 20-feet of tubing there. The railing probably has eight legs about 2.5-feet high, so 20-feet there. Figure 40-feet of stainless steel tubing. I did guess the wall thickness is probably 0.06-inch. Find the weight of a typical stainless steel tube like that per foot. I'd guess about 1-lb/1-foot or lighter. That suggests about 40-lbs for the railing. The weight is not going to be much of a factor in shipping, as the awkward size will probably cost more than the weight.

If shipping the railing, I would want the rail bases to be screwed into some lumber to maintain the proper shape of the railing. Without any support it could very easily become bent in shipment.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Bert--[cost of shipping] will also depend on distance. I presume the parts are more than 400 miles away--otherwise you would drive, right?

In what state are the parts located?
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

BDBinWV

Postby BDBinWV » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Jim and Phil.
I'm specifically looking for the weight of the bow pulpit, not the bow railing. I understand shipping cost vary due to distance. If anyone knows the weight of the bow pulpit from a 22' Revenge WT, I can then determine what the cost to ship will be.

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:54 am

Oh--sorry I misread your post about pulpit to be railing. I better clean my glasses.

The bow pulpit weight is hard to estimate--I have never had mine disconnected from the boat to weigh it. But I suspect it would be at least 20-lbs. It seems like quite a well-built structure. Once the seller removes it from the boat, getting its weight will be much simpler.