Whaler 15 GLS: A Confession.

A conversation among Whalers
cjd

Whaler 15 GLS: A Confession.

Postby cjd » Sun May 20, 2018 8:29 am

OK I have the come clean. I searched the old CW and found the below post.

cjd posted 03-21-2002 01:29 PM ET (US)
You guys never dissapoint. Thanks so much for the info. The good news is my 1.5 year search may be coming to a close (this weekend), the bad news is a 18 Parker may have edged out the 18 outrage I seek. All things being equal, I would rather have the Outrage, but all things are rarely equal in my world. Thanks and please don't mind my lurking, I will have a whaler someday.
chris

I believe I joined back in 2000. First boat and I wanted an Outrage, but had very little income. Ended up with a non-Boston Whaler boat, but stuck around here for a while. Family has a Montauk, but always felt I was a CW fraud. A 1985 Parker 18, became a 1993 Steiger 21, became a Sea Hunt Edge 16, then paddle boards, kayaks, canoes, john boats, but no whaler. Added a wife, three kids, three dogs, three states lived-in and yesterday, a 1993 GLS 15. I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It is a1993 GLS in good condition--not great--with a Yamaha 50 Pro, new cushions, and no bottom paint--but that comes to an end, as I leased the last slip in the marina.

I have a little tinkering to do, but I am genuinely more excited about this boat then the one at ten-times the price. My kids get to step up to something beyond the Sears Gamefisher 6 HP--though they will spend the summer showing me they are ready. My wife is [ecstatic] that I got [a boat] for her and the kids--okay, looked like I am not being 100-percent honest with the world after all: I have wanted one since I was a kid.

Nice to be able to look you all in the eyes after 20 years of shiftiness.

[Nota Bene: I think your post was marred by some typing errors and auto-corrections of several words. I tried to repair them--jimh]

jimh

Re: Whaler 15 GLS: A Confession.

Postby jimh » Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 am

Welcome back. The Boston Whaler 15-foot classic hull is the best small boat ever designed. You will love it.