2018 170 Montauk Thoughts and Experiences

A conversation among Whalers
bothedog

2018 170 Montauk Thoughts and Experiences

Postby bothedog » Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Greetings. Give me any thoughts on and experiences with the 2018 170 Montauk.

There are some 2017-models out there in the 170 model, but with the changes in the 2018 I am leaning toward the updated model. Your input will be appreciated.

I have heard that there is a problem with the fuel tank on the 2018 170 Montauk in only taking limited capacity when on the water. Not sure this is credible. Any info will be appreciated.

Any and all responses are deeply appreciated.

Jeff

BACKSTORY: I have been lurking for years on this site for info surrounding our 1985 classic center console. Thanks Jim and all. Time has come to move up and purchase something in the 17 to 19-feet range. I have been continually searching for used boats, however, I am considering a new purchase. We have been kicking trailer tires and window shopping for sometime. I am also considered Key West, Edgewater, Scout and Robalo boats. Yet, being a long term Whaler owner and seriously researching, I am 99.9% sure we are sticking with Whaler.

[The OP received many excellent comments but never replied to any. This is discouraging behavior for a forum participant. If you solicit advice, please have the courtesy to acknowledge the advice that others have taken the time to contribute. All follow-on posts were moved to another thread discussing the same topic. --jimh]