Revenge W-T V-berth Cushions

A conversation among Whalers
KatieDriver

Revenge W-T V-berth Cushions

Postby KatieDriver » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:53 am

[What are] the measurements of the v-berth cushions for a 1988 Revenge 22 W-T? Thanks.

--Mike
1988 Revenge W-T Whaler Drive

jimh

Re: Revenge W-T V-berth Cushions

Postby jimh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Mike--I have a complete set of OEM cushions. I will be able to measure them tomorrow and will post a reply.

Do not post threads that seek advice or information in MARKETPLACE. MARKETPLACE is only for a posting of notice of FOR-SALE, WANTED-TO-BUY, and for APPRAISAL of a specific boat. I moved your thread to THE GAM, which is a forum for discussion of general topics related to Boston Whaler boats.

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:12 am

There are five cushions in an OEM set. The largest forward cushion is a polygon with six sides. The width at the aft end is 50-inches; width at bow end is 17.5-inches. The sides have a subtle break in their line. They start off at the aft end at a tapering angle, then about 10-inches along that edge the taper angle increases.

There are two berth bottom cushions, port and starboard. They are five-sided polygons. The overall length is 41.75-inch. The width is about 17.5-inches. The outboard edge has two distinct sides; one is 22-inches and the other 21-inches. The inboard side is straight and 41.75-inch long.

There are two seat back cushions. They are rectangular and 16.75-inches by 28.75-niches. There are snaps on the back side to hold them upright and attach to snap bases on the cabin bulkhead.

Since you have the boat, the cabin interior will help you understand the shapes needed. Let me know by a reply in the thread if this information was useful for you.

KatieDriver

Postby KatieDriver » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 am

Thank you!!!!

VA Whaler

Postby VA Whaler » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:02 pm

I need to order new cushions for my 1979 22' Revenge V-22. I tried Specialty Marine but they do not carry cushions for that model. Can anyone recommend a vendor for them?

Thanks!

John

jimh

Postby jimh » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:19 am

I have doubt there is any vendor with off-the-shelf direct replacement cushions for a REVENGE cabin. Find a local artisan and have the new cushions made to order.

The most difficult element will be finding the classic brown plaid fabric to cover the cushions. :-)

VA Whaler

Postby VA Whaler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:26 am

HA! I think we can move forward on an order sans plaid. :)

I still have the old cushions that came with the boat so I'm guessing a good boat upholstery shop could manufacture a set for me with no problems. Thought I'd check first to see if they were already out there and ready to ship.