FL Keys Hotels, Marinas and Boat Ramps

A conversation among Whalers
Ridge Runner

FL Keys Hotels, Marinas and Boat Ramps

Postby Ridge Runner » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:45 pm

I am thinking about taking my 210 Montauk to the FL keys for a few days in September. Any recommendations on the best Key to stay at for fishing? I am hoping to find a hotel that allows trailers and boats, possibly a marina near by where I could keep the boat in the water or a near by ramp for daily launching.
Member since 2005
2005 170 Montauk, 2010 E-TEC 115 H.O.
2016 210 Montauk, 2017 E-TEC G2 200 H.O.

"Red sky at night, sailor’s delight - Red sky in the morning, sailor’s warning”

hauptjm

Re: FL Keys Hotels, Marinas and Boat Ramps

Postby hauptjm » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:58 pm

I just got back from Islamorada. It can't be beat - truly a fishing mecca. We always stay at Cheeca Lodge. One of the finest in places in the Keys. http://www.cheeca.com

rsantiago

Re: FL Keys Hotels, Marinas and Boat Ramps

Postby rsantiago » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:05 am

I am partial to Marathon because it is quieter and in between Key West and Islamorada. There is a Holiday Inn with limited boat/trailer parking and a very good public boat ramp across the street with easy access to Vaca Cut. If you can stay a week I recommend renting a house in Key Colony beach. Renting a 2 bedroom house for a week can be cheaper than hotel daily rates and will give you access to your boat right outside the house. I've stayed in Key Colony every year for many years and have never been disappointed. I use keysproperties.com to book homes in Key Colony beach. I'll be out there with my boat for two weeks in August.
Have a nice trip.