Location of Label on Mills Canvas

A conversation among Whalers
outragesteve

Location of Label on Mills Canvas

Postby outragesteve » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:32 pm

[On an OUTRAGE 22 boat] I disassembled the Mills Suntop to repair the frame. It's back together, mounted on the boat. I may have the Sunbrella on backwards: Where should the "Mills" label be: fore or aft? It's now at the bow end of the top, with the zipper also forward. I assume the zipper would be to connect a forward shelter. Thanks.

jimh

Re: Location of Label on Mills Canvas

Postby jimh » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:52 am

Do you really have the SUNTOP canvas? Or, do you have the smaller FLYING TOP canvas?

The total weather canvas system with a forward dodger, windshield, side curtains, and aft drop curtain was for the use with the Flying Top.

I have a Wm. J Mills & Co. Flying Top on my boat (but it's not an Outrage 22). The Flying Top has the label on the forward edge of the canvas on the Starboard side.. The zipper on the forward edge is for attaching the Windshield. There is also a zipper on the aft edge of the Flying Top for attachment of the aft drop curtain.

I suggest you give Mills a ring on the telephone; they can probably resolve this for you.

ConB

Re: Location of Label on Mills Canvas

Postby ConB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:40 am

My Outrage 18 has a sun top and the Mills label is forward.
I also have after market zippers on all sides of the top for 360* side curtains.
!987 Outrage 18 / 2011 Yamaha F150
1969 13 / 30hp Johnson tiller