2019 210 Montauk

A conversation among Whalers
Erie Island Hopper

2019 210 Montauk

Postby Erie Island Hopper » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Hello everyone. First post here. I'd like to say that in the near future I'm going to be joining the whaler family. However, I have to get rid of 41 hatteras im sitting on now. It just doesnt fit my aquatic needs in my locale. Wonderful vessel, but just doesnt quite fit the bill. What I'm looking at ordering is the new 210 Montauk. The primary purpose will be fishing solo and cruising with the family, 4 adults and a child, and very rarely, maybe once or twice a year 6 adults and 2 children. Longest planned trip right now is from Toledo to the Erie islands on nice days. I need something that I can trailer with my grand Cherokee on maybe once a year trip to the keys. Since I've had my hatteras, the trips to Florida have ceased, and fishing in general has slowed down and that really bothers me.

What I'm looking for is if there is anyone out there that has one of these new montauks and how they use it and what their impressions are. I plan to get it pretty optioned out, 200hp, head in console, trolling motor wiring, raw water wash down, removable stern table, cushions, with the exceptions of the sun lounge thing, premium cleaning post, and live well. I'll skip raymarine and put a Garmin unit with radar in. But what are your thoughts on the ride? I dont plan on going out much with 3ft waves. That can be pretty uncomfortable at times in any boat on lake Erie. I can honestly say I've turned into a fair weather boater for the most part so what are your thoughts?

Tacky79

Re: 2019 210 Montauk

Postby Tacky79 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm

We have a 190 Montauk, and use it much the way you are thinking of using a 210 Montauk.

We've fished 8 on board, and that's too crowded, but it was OK for just getting guys out on the water. We ski behind it, and generally just load it up with stuff (skis, cooler, fishing gear, etc.). It's a great platform, albeit without a whole lot of amenities.

Before you decide, look at the 210 / 240 'Dauntless and see which is best for your use.

If I were to do it again, the 210 Dauntless would have been my choice, only due to having more storage and a t-top. That being said, the price of the 210 Dauntless (at the time) was a deal breaker.

We love our Montauk. The 210 has a significant amount of additional storage, and that's really a nice benefit!
2017 Boston Whaler Montauk 190 w/ 150 Merc/Fish Pkg/Bowrail delete/aft seating
1979 Boston Whaler Harpoon 5.2 sailboat with sails and a tiller :D

Erie Island Hopper

Postby Erie Island Hopper » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:04 pm

Wow, no new 210s out there? Anyone with any experiences on them? Not really surprised since 210 MONTAUK boats are new but I thought I might get [one] guy that has some experience with a 2019 210 MONTAUK.

biggiefl

Postby biggiefl » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:21 am

No experience either but a 210 MONTAUK does sound like a good fit from what you explained. People usually ask about Montauk v. Outrage, which is simple to explain: Montauk for nearshore, Outrage for offshore. The Dauntless does throw in another mix as it probably fits in between the Montauk and Outrage. I have been in 5-foot high waves in a 16 Dauntless about 15-years ago and for a 16-foot boat it was pretty impressive. That would have been brutal in my 17 Montauk classic.
On my 24th Whaler. Currently in the stable: 86 18' Outrage, 81 13' Sport(original owner), 87 11' Sport, 69 Squall(for sale cheap).