23-foot to 26-foot Outrage: BEST Trailer in Southern California

A conversation among Whalers
TRP

23-foot to 26-foot Outrage: BEST Trailer in Southern California

Postby TRP » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Give me a recommendation the BEST trailer [available in southern California] for loading a 23-foot to 26-foot OUTRAGE.

jimh

Re: 23-foot to 26-foot Outrage: BEST Trailer in Southern California

Postby jimh » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm

My recommendation is to contact PACIFIC BOAT TRAILERS in Chino, California, give them the particulars of the boat you will be trailering, and get a price quote. PACIFIC BOAT TRAILERS are not sold on the basis of being the lowest price. They are sold on the basis of being well made, being able to endure travel on substandard roads, particularly roads in Mexico, and being able to resist corrosion and wear from saltwater and regular use.

The basis for my recommendation: I owned a PACIFIC BOAT TRAILERS tandem axle boat trailer that came with a used Boston Whaler boat I bought in c.1999. The trailer was a 1986 mode, so it was about 13-years-old when I bought it. The trailer was in perfect condition, worked beautifully, towed very nicely, and was still in excellent condition when I sold the boat and trailer in c. 2004, when the trailer was about 18-years-ld. As far as I know the trailer is still in use today. The only items on the trailer than need attention during my five years of ownership were the wheel bearings, the bearing seals, and their lubrication--all common problems--and some carpet on the inboard side of a fender that was slightly loose. All the main structural elements of the trailer were in and remained in excellent condition.

2MATTANZA2

Re: 23-foot to 26-foot Outrage: BEST Trailer in Southern California

Postby 2MATTANZA2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:13 pm

ABT Trailers, Alex is a great guy , with superior customer service and product. I bought my trailer back in 2007 , and it's held up great.