Super Leaning Post / Workstation for Outrage 25

A conversation among Whalers
outrage 25

Super Leaning Post / Workstation for Outrage 25

Postby outrage 25 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:57 am

I am looking for [an original Boston Whaler SUPER LEANING POST/WORKSTATION] for an 1990 Outrage 25 and for information on the size to perhaps replicate the original.

[Inferred questions:

Q1: where can an original “super leaning post” for a 1990 OUTRAGE 25 be purchased?

Q2: what is the size of the original “super leaning post” for a 1990 OUTRAGE 25?]

Phil T

Re: Super Leaning Post Outrage 25

Postby Phil T » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:02 pm

Check with Choates Boats.

He might have one.

https://www.choatesboats.net/
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

jimh

Re: Super Leaning Post Outrage 25

Postby jimh » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:42 pm

I am not clear what you intended by "looking for". Do you want to buy an original Boston Whaler super leaning post?

Or do you just want to get a close look at one so you can duplicate it in some manner?

I have great doubt that you could order a super leaning post workstation from Boston Whaler. They are not likely to have retained all the molds, and I would expect the cost to have them produce one would be quite high.

If you are looking for a super leaning post that has been separated from the Boston Whaler boat which it was originally installed on and sold with, you should consider that there are probably only two possibilities that there is a loose super leaning post out there to be purchased:
  • the original buyer or later owner decided they did not like the super leaning post and removed it; or
  • the original 25-foot hull suffered some catastrophic damage but the super leaning post was not damaged, and it is sitting around somewhere waiting to be bought.

In the case of the former, you might consider that a super leaning post perhaps was not the best idea for the OUTRAGE 25. Here I am influenced by spending some time aboard WHALE LURE, an OUTRAGE 25 with the smaller, standard-size console (not the super console) and the standard Reversible Pilot Seat. These two smaller components are not as wide as the super console and super leaning post, and they don't fill up the cockpit as much. The Outrage 25 hull has only a 7-foot 5-inch beam, and the cockpit is less beamy by the width of the two gunwales, so perhaps only 6-feet 10-inches. The Super Leaning Post / Workstation is 40-inches wide. If the cockpit is 82-inches wide (as speculated above) then that leaves on 42-inches clearance, or 21-inches clearance on each side. The SUPER CONSOLE was 35-inches wide.

In the case of the latter, I wouldn't think there could be too many OUTRAGE 25 hulls with so much damage that they were just abandoned for junk, leaving only the rare super leaning post as a loose component to be resold.

If you just want to get a close look at a super leaning post and take some measurements, you may have more luck.

Also, the Super Leaning Post / Workstation came in two distinct versions. Which one are you interested in?

From the 1989 Options Catalogue:

BOSTON WHALER SUPER LEANING POST / WORKSTATION:
Two models available:
  • Super Leaning Post / Workstation with sink and cooler, and either
    • Four Tackle Drawers
    • Teak Aft Access Door
  • Super Leaning Post / Workstation with livewell
    • Waterfill System (available only with raw water wash down}
    • Delete Aerator (if equipped with water washdown

The Sink-and-Cooler-option provided a sink with a freshwater system and a 40-quart cooler with a teak workstation top.

The Livewell-option provided a 28-gallon live well and aerator with a teak workstation top. The Waterfill System was optional, and the aerator could be deleted for credit if the Waterfill System were purchased.

ASIDE: the OUTRAGE 25 (nee OUTRAGE 24) is a great boat, and among all the classic Outrage moderate V-hulls it is the biggest one that you can actually trailer around on the highway without special permitting. You have a great classic Boston Whaler.

outrage 25

Re: Super Leaning Post / Workstation for Outrage 25

Postby outrage 25 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 am

I think that finding an original super leaning post will be very hard.

I would like to duplicate the original super leaning post. I'm searching [for the dimensions of] the original super leaning post.

GrJr

Postby GrJr » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:33 am

I have a Super [Leaning Post / Workstation]. I can supply the dimensions.

jimh

Postby jimh » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:47 am

The thread is seeking the dimensions of the Super Leaning Post / Workstation.

If you can supply those dimensions, please supply them here in this thread.

The point of the website is to provide information that is available on the web to all, not to provide ways for information to be exchanged privately.

Also, the guy that started this thread has not been active in the last 11-months. But whether or not he gets the information he was seeking is really not important. Just putting the information in this thread will provide the information to him and everyone else.