1987 Boston Whaler Guardian 18.6 with rare DIVE DOOR; has 2015 Evinrude E-TEC 150 H.O. (High Output) with only 96 original hours – I purchased motor new in January 2015 with a transferable 7-year warranty. Double axle trailer. Currently LOCATED in Aiken, South Carolina. I have clear South Carolina titles in my name for both motor and boat. South Carolina does not require title/tag for this boat trailer. $22,000
When I bought the boat, it was cosmetically challenged like many of these Coast Guard/Police workhorses, and it came with a 200 Evinrude. I sold the 200 and did some hull updates/re-gelcoating in places/new bottom paint to make it look respectable and functional, and then bought new power. While the mechanicals are fairly new, the hull is not a beauty/garage queen, but presents well, and is solid where it counts. That said, when I pull up to the ramp, all heads turn – it is a very cool looking and versatile package that commands instant respect and curiosity given the unusual and rare design, including the really well made custom tower.
Some of my updates:
1. Repaired rub rails, blacked out rails/cleats, and painted aluminum gunwales, console, and leaning post with matching high-quality 2-stage basecoat/clearcoat paint; added new striping and decals.
2. Rewired lights and accessories.
3. Removed floor, cleaned/made repairs where needed, removed and replaced fuel tank with new high grade 63 gallon aluminum tank; new USCG hoses and gauge/sending unit.
4. Installed new spin-on fuel filter assembly, new battery, and new battery cut-off switch.
5. Recovered Tower fabric with new.
6. Recovered leaning post seat with new fabric.
7. Re-installed console, tower, and leaning post (used only top grade stainless screws).
8. Had dealer install new 2015 Evinrude E-TEC 150 H.O. (now has approx. 98 original hours); dealer installed new Viper SS prop, new controls, gauges, and new hydraulic steering (have all receipts).
9. New electronics Lowrance GPS, and Lowrance Depthsounder.
10. Updated trailer from single axle to galvanized double axle. Rides smooth and pulls nicely with my F150 Supercrew. One entire axle was replaced new, installed new springs and bearings all around, excellent tires, new spare, fenders have some dents from folks standing on them, trailer is solid but not a new beauty queen. Most tow trips I make are about 35 miles one way to the local lake, but in the past year boat was towed to and from Houston, Texas without any problems.
The motor is the high end version of the 150 – the “High Output” version, and is a rocket, while being thrifty on fuel. It is also saltwater approved, but most of its use has been freshwater. It shines almost as good as when new, but it does have some missing paint rubs/scratches/dings on the lower skeg. On the prop, there are some minor dings from where I have scraped shallow areas at the lake. Also, the current motor hours (96) may vary a little since writing this ad (dealer installed a new hour meter when new), and these hours can be checked/validated by the dealer by connecting his factory computer to the motor.
The motor runs flawlessly and is super quiet, sips fuel, is extremely thrifty on oil usage, and is lightning fast from a stop – topping out at nearly 50 mph. Most of the time while riding I have the dive door removed, and in heavy waves, water will splash in, but runs right out the back through the scuppers. One of the first times I took her out I took some big waves in through the open door, and had ankle deep water behind the leaning post for some seconds which was unnerving, but then it ran out the scuppers, and brought a huge smile to my face. No wonder the Coast Guard loves these boats.
PRICE: $22,000 cash & carry, located in Aiken, S.C. 29803 Email for additional info and photos.
For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
1 post • Page 1 of 1