1972 Boston Whaler 19' Outrage PRICE REDUCED MORE

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
Raaaaay

1972 Boston Whaler 19' Outrage PRICE REDUCED MORE

Postby Raaaaay » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:32 pm

1972 Boston Whaler 19' also known as the Outrage, although in the first year of production it was just called the Whaler 19. I purchased this boat about 7 years ago and spend 3 years rebuilding it. The boat had everything removed then was painted with Awlgrip inside and out. The bottom had been bottom painted when I purchased the boat, so I just had the bottom repainted in red anti fouling paint. All chrome was replated, a new fuel tank was fabricated and installed with all new fuel lines and fittings. All wood was refinished and hidden wood was replaced under the top cap, under the rear seat, and the floor of the console and anywhere I could reach without opening up the fiberglass. The console got a new windshield. I participated in a group purchase of new OEM rub rail receiver and red rub rail, it looks fantastic. New steering cable, etc. Now for the repower, I found a very very gently used Suzuki DF115 that by the looks of it was almost new. This Suzuki was installed as recommended by experts on CW and mounted all the way up and a Stillito stainless prop was installed. New Suzuki instruments and binnacle control along with key switch. New fuel separator filter. Dual batteries with Perko switch. New brass thru hulls where needed. With a light load I was able to hit 40 mph. The wiring and switches for the lights has not yet been done although I have mounted the bow light. I have what I believe is the original rear pole light although I have not finished the mounting hole in the top cap for its installation. I have not yet installed a bilge pump. Almost every screw and bolt and nut have been replaced, all with stainless of course. If it wasn't replaced, it was cleaned and polished before it was reinstalled.

Entire interior deck has been fitted with Dri-Dek interlocking tiles, although the non skid original deck looks decent too.

New upholstery included RPS seat cushion, cooler seat cushion, pole holder cushions, and a totally new rear bench seat. Pole holders are new and installed on the console. New igloo cooler with new mounting chocks (not yet installed)

The list of things I have done to this boat goes on and on.

The cover is a fitted Sunbrella cover from a Vintage 21' Outrage, as such it is oversized for this 19' Whaler, but it does a great job of protecting the boat.

The trailer is original, but was rebuilt with new axle, springs, Stoltz rollers on stainless steel shafts, new tires, bunks, side guide-ones, tongue Jack, wiring etc. New spare tire and wheel and mount. The winch is original.

As people will tell you, re gel coating a Whaler is best, but so costly that I decided not to go this route. The Awlgrip paint gives a beautiful finish, but yes the small spider cracks do come back. Now 5 years after it was painted some of the spider cracks are back, but overall this boat is beautiful,

I am selling this great boat just because I don't get it in the water as much as I expected. I also have a small 1983 13' Super Sport that I use for lake fishing and I may keep my eyes open for Classic 15'.

I haven't gotten any serious offers. Only interest so far has been a few people who wanted to trade beat up Montauks plus some cash and one low offer of $9,500.

Any opinions on why no serious interest? I don't think my asking price is out of line.

Price was $14,000 was REDUCED to $13,000 and now even further reduced to $12,000

Ray in San Diego, CA
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (143.45 KiB) Viewed 4590 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (150.83 KiB) Viewed 4590 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (142.46 KiB) Viewed 4590 times
Last edited by Raaaaay on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raaaaay

Re: 1972 Boston Whaler 19' Outrage PRICE REDUCED

Postby Raaaaay » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:05 am

Price has been reduced from $14,000 to $13,000.

Let me know what you think?

Jefecinco

Re: 1972 Boston Whaler 19' Outrage PRICE REDUCED

Postby Jefecinco » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:49 am

Perhaps a picture showing the deck minus the DriDek(?) panels would be helpful.
Butch

Raaaaay

Re: 1972 Boston Whaler 19' Outrage PRICE REDUCED MORE

Postby Raaaaay » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:03 pm

And further reduced to $12,000

Jefecinco

Re: 1972 Boston Whaler 19' Outrage PRICE REDUCED MORE

Postby Jefecinco » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:21 am

Ray,

Your price does not seem unreasonable to me. California buyers seem willing to pay more. Ultimately the market determines value. Perhaps your sales campaign has not provided enough exposure in the local market where most boats are ultimately sold. Have you advertised on craigslist, in the local newspaper or the other on-line sites often visited by many of us? Perhaps an offer of free delivery within a certain radius would help.

As I mentioned earlier the inability to see the condition of the deck in your photographs may not be helping you. Some shoppers are not enamored by bottom paint on a smallish trailerable boat. There is some concern that the unnecessary paint may be covering a defect. I would absolutely finish the wiring job. I would not elaborate on the Suzuki. It's enough to state the year and hours on the engine along with the date of the most recent major service. Not many buyers want to buy a boat needing rewiring. A boat should be in turn key condition to sell.
Butch