For Sale - Outrage 25 - stainless transom brace - $100

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
russellbailey

For Sale - Outrage 25 - stainless transom brace - $100

Postby russellbailey » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm

For sale is this custom transom brace that was on my 1984 Outrage 25 when I purchased it. I believe the prior owner had it made. You can see pictures of it at
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/russellbailey3/library/For%20Sale/For%20Sale%20-%20Transom%20Brace

The best picture to see it in action is this old picture from when the prior owner advertised the boat for sale.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/russellbailey3/media/For%20Sale/For%20Sale%20-%20Transom%20Brace/577b_zpsg0yi4de1.jpg.html

There are 3 main pieces
- 0.125" stainless bracket that fits over the entire transom
- two stainless U-brackets that fit over the transom dam on the Outrage 25 (or Revenge 25, or Frontier 25)
- two stainless rods that connect the U-brackets to the transom bracket

This is a substantial piece. Overall width is 55", and it was custom made for the Outrage 25 or other hulls with the same rear arrangement (Revenge 25 and Frontier 25). The transom bracket is drilled for twin engines, but you could easily drill it to fit a single.

The bracket really reinforces the transom. I no longer need it as I had my whole transom rebuilt as part of installing a Hermco bracket earlier in 2016. The original transom on my boat was soft and wet when we tore it down as part of the rebuild. However, with the stainless brace over it, the transom never moved even with the weight of twin Optimax 150s on jackplates.

I believe that all of the stainless is 316. I have had the boat in saltwater a few times, and not seen any corrosion at all on the pieces.

I've no idea how much this cost to make originally, but I'm sure it was well into the hundreds of dollars - the transom brace is professionally bent and fits perfectly over the original transom, and all of the work on the parts if very nice.

I'll sell it for $100 plus shipping. The total weight is around 50 lbs.

Email me at the address in my profile if you have questions.

runpasthefence

Re: For Sale - Outrage 25 - stainless transom brace - $100

Postby runpasthefence » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:36 pm

I was just wondering if you've posted any pictures of your bracket installation? It's a modification I'd like to undertake, but am having a hard time justifying the expense.

Thanks!

russellbailey

Postby russellbailey » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:23 am

runpasthefence, there is a whole thread on the bracket installation at

http://continuouswave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=112&p=6373&hilit=hermco#p6373

It can be expensive depending on how much you do yourself. You have to remove the engines, and while you do that you may well want to or need to replace some of the connecting parts. If you rebuild the transom that adds cost - may or may not be necessary but it was useful to do on mine. But you are probably looking at minimum $5-6k to install a bracket and potentially several $k more than that depending on what all you end up doing.

I'd been interested in doing it for several years but just finally decided to go ahead with it. I am very pleased with the Hermco bracket and recommend them - it gives great flotation.

russellbailey

Postby russellbailey » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:25 am

Someone with a 25 has to want this part - it is unique and very well done.

My other option is to just scrap it for the stainless steel value (about 50 lbs so approximately $30).

russellbailey

Postby russellbailey » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Last chance on these before they go to the scrap yard.