Complete Whaler RPS for sale - excellent condition - $750

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
russellbailey

Complete Whaler RPS for sale - excellent condition - $750

Postby russellbailey » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:42 pm

I have for sale a complete Whaler RPS package that I removed from my 1984 Outrage 25 when I replaced it with a leaning post. All parts are in excellent condition except the risers which are structurally great but need new varnish. Pictures at http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/russellbailey3/library/For%20Sale. My email is in my profile - email if you have questions.

1. The RPS was on the boat when I bought it from Whalerific in 2010. I understand it has OEM Whaler legs in black. I am unclear if the stainless arms and teak backrest are OEM or reproductions. If they are reproductions, they are excellent. All parts of the RPS are in excellent condition. There is slight staining on the vinyl under where the RPS backrest sits in its standard sternward position - you can see it but it does not jump out at you.

2. Teak (I think) risers were also on the boat as purchased. The wood needs refinishing, and if I was to remount it I might do it differently than it was before. The current setup has the top block screwed into the bottom block, an aluminum spacer, and inset into the bottom block the heads of some machine screws that got throughbolted with nuts below the gas tank cover. It did work fine as is. I am not certain these are teak but think they are. You can see on them where the RPS mounted.

3. OEM Mills canvas RPS cover in black - in excellent condition. I think this cover is part of why the RPS is in such great condition, as the RPS rarely ever saw sun except when actually in use.

4. OEM Whaler cooler chocks. I purchased these via Sue at Twin Cities in around 2011. They work very well - the cooler slides into them and is very secure - it really does not need the straps and I never used them. In excellent condition.

5. Igloo Marine cooler that fits the chocks and fits under the RPS. In excellent condition.

$750 for the whole package. Short of the RPS on the boats that LHG owns, this is about as nice an RPS as you will ever see.

I'm in southwest Virginia, but travel around some from roughly Georgia up to Pennsylvania and can assist with transport in that region. The RPS itself is UPS-able I suspect if I just dissemble it. I could also pallet the entire unit and ship it to you via truck. Shipping is not included in the price.

russellbailey

Re: Complete Whaler RPS for sale - excellent condition - $750

Postby russellbailey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:04 pm

This has been sold.