1974 Outrage 19 likely for sale

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
adlert

1974 Outrage 19 likely for sale

Postby adlert » Sat May 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Hello All, after intending to restore my Outrage 19 for about 10 years now, I'm thinking I may not get to it. I am curious as to whether there are folks still out there willing to restore these older boats. It's got great potential (as I guess most old Whalers do). I'm wondering if somebody from this fine community would be interested in the project, or at least interested in suggesting a selling price prior to me going the Craigslist route.

I bought this boat from the original owner. I have all paper work, manuals, OMC shop manual, even the gauge and ancillary equipment documentation. The original owner was an electrical engineer and stipulated a complete set of gauges as well as how he wanted them wired. I have his wiring directions and notes as well.

Interestingly, the boat has been used fewer than a dozen times since new. I don't recall exactly, but I think there are fewer than 80 hours on the hour meter. The original owner simply got busy with life after buying it. He kept dragging it around with his moves, keeping it stored under cover all the time and intending to get back to it, but did not. When last used he stored everything properly. I have since also cranked and fogged the engine just to make sure. I have little doubt the engine can be brought back to run beautifully, but I under stand many don't have as much affection for the old OMC V-4's as I do. I'll keep the engine if nobody is interested in it. Though the hull is chalky, has the usual gel coat cracks on the gunwale topsides, and oddly is thin gel coat-wise on the port side, it is in excellent condition otherwise. Only used in open waters, the below gunwale hull has no nicks or scraps that I can see.

The boat sits on a tandem Gator trailer with brakes (that will no doubt need some restorative work). Tires were all brand new when I bought the boat, but are obviously old now. I think I have an extra set or two of brake assemblies. The wood is all in very nice shape. Anything noted as missing in the pictures I do have, it's just been removed in my initial restoration efforts years ago. All removed pieces have been packed away and as necessary, been wrapped in paper towels, in zip lock bags, and labeled.

Anybody interested in this sort of project? Any suggestions on its possible worth?

I have several pictures available but can't seem to attach them currently. They're under 500 KB but I'm getting a message they're too big. Bet I'm doing something wrong.

Phil T

Re: 1974 Outrage 19 likely for sale

Postby Phil T » Sat May 27, 2017 5:53 pm

There are 12 large photos. To preserve their size, I created an album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149831751@N05/sets/72157681252985714

This is a teaser photo:

teaser.jpg
teaser.jpg (39.07 KiB) Viewed 9153 times
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003

Blackduck

Postby Blackduck » Sun May 28, 2017 10:59 am

Your boat has great potential. I am trying to complete the same boat, in about the same condition. I bought mine for $6500, with a Suzuki DF140 with 40 hours, and a new fuel tank. So, these boats just don't bring much money, and to restore them takes a ton of time and money. I think $4000 is a good ball park, $5000 on the highest end. Before you sell it, I would be interested in the forward shelter. I know you would get just as much for the boat without it, and the money I would give for it would be gravy in for you.

Chiro

Postby Chiro » Sun May 28, 2017 12:10 pm

I am interested in the boat. Please let me know when you decide to sell it and how much. Where are you located. I am in Atlanta Ga.

Qtrmeg

Postby Qtrmeg » Sun May 28, 2017 2:27 pm

I would love to buy that boat from you, and I am not too far from you. I also know how to restore it properly, which is why I want YOUR boat. A proper restoration starts with a boat that isn't a wreck.

I can meet with you next weekend and you tell me how much you want after I see it.

adlert

Postby adlert » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks so much for all the information, kind words, and interest. I appreciate it so very much. Like many of you I'm sure, I get quite attached to my boats (I've revived several) and it would give me great comfort knowing that if I can't get to this one, one of you fine Whaler aficionados will bring her back to life. I'll get in touch with each of you to discuss. I can assure you I have no desire to gouge anybody, I really do want to see the boat brought back to life though. I promised the man I bought it from it would when I picked it up. He was holding hands with his wife and son in his driveway as I pulled it away. I found him visiting it again in the my motel parking lot later that night!

Time to work on holiday food for now. I'll be back in touch very soon.

Thanks again and I hope you have good Memorial weekends,

Tim

adlert

Postby adlert » Sun May 28, 2017 6:18 pm

One more thought I forgot to mention originally for those interested in the boat before the crab legs go on... Years ago some great enterprising folks on CW (Thanks LHG) orchestrated a production run of the original red rub rail for this boat done by the company that did the work originally. I benefited from that effort and have the "new" red rub rail to go with the boat.

adlert

Postby adlert » Tue May 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Chiro, if still interested in the boat please contact me at timothy.adler@comcast.net and we can discuss where things stand at this point. I think I sent you a message through this forum, not sure I did it properly though.

adlert

Re: 1974 Outrage 19 likely for sale $3,250

Postby adlert » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Hello All, I've got additional pictures if anybody is interested. I'm happy to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability. Still hoping to find a good home for this boat. Asking $3,250.

adlert

Postby adlert » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Sale pending.

jdarling97

Postby jdarling97 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 am

Still for sale?

adlert

Postby adlert » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm sorry, no. The boat is heading to its new owner tomorrow.