SOLD - 1980 Boston Whaler Revenge V-22

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
mikebrantley

SOLD - 1980 Boston Whaler Revenge V-22

Postby mikebrantley » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:51 am

UPDATE: This boat has been sold.

http://www.whalercentral.com/infusions/personal_page/view_personal_page.php?user_id=1211

I am in Mobile, Alabama. The boat is on a trailer in my driveway and due to illness and other constraints has not touched the water in four seasons. Every few months, I get a hankering to get the boat back into action and do the same things over and over as far as cleaning her up. But it's not going to happen for me, and now I need to sell before I move residences in a few short weeks. Down the road a ways, I think I will begin anew Whaler-wise with a classic Montauk. That's the Whaler that would suit me best now.

The pictures accessible from the above link are from a few years ago. All the pieces are still there, but the boat could now stand a good scrubbing and waxing and new bottom paint (bottom is realistically on the rough side to go back to bare), and the tarp that covered the boat went to tatters so that the south Alabama sun chew up the varnish on the teak. I bought a variable temp heat gun and intended to use it and some putty knives and sandpaper to take off the peeling varnish and do it over, but now I won't have time to do this before my kid and I move from our home to an apartment a few miles away.

The motor is a 1998 Evinrude OceanPro 175hp. But now the fuel has gummed up the carbs so it needs a cleaning and some new gas. The trailer bearings probably need repacking or replacing as well.

I have a full Mills canvas set, but only the flying top and the front windshield have ever been fitted on the boat. Rest is still as new from Mills, never used. Custom radar arch. Also included are electronics including Garmin GPS with chartplotter and sonar, VHF radio, etc.

Price? I don't know just yet what to put, but I plan to edit this post in a few days with a reasonable asking price. Because the boat needs more elbow grease than I have time or energy for at the moment, I will be willing to sell the boat below what I know I can get for it if I were to get busy with it. But I am moving in a few weeks, and if I don't sell it first I will have to find a place to store "Sweet Samantha."

Meanwhile, time for me to start dreaming of my future Montauk.

Email me at thevideojunkie@comcast.net. If you are local, we can meet up easily enough.

EDIT: It's a good boat, good design, won't sink, has a great cabin with vee-birth, new hatch, portlights that don't leak and all the other things that make a classic Whaler great.

EDIT NO. 2: Hmmm, just realized jimh really wants an asking price included. I'm still weighing that, but I'll ask $10,000. But I know that is too high. Really, I will take quite a lot less than that. Truly, I am motivated due to time constraints and knowledge the boat needs some elbow grease.