1968 13' Boston Whaler Center Console Project

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
jmailbox8

1968 13' Boston Whaler Center Console Project

Postby jmailbox8 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 pm

I am selling my 13.5 foot 1968 Boston Whaler project boat. I have spent several years collecting parts to make a mini Montauk center console Whaler, perfect for fishing. I have a dry hull in great structural condition. A clean EZ Loader galvanized trailer. Original stainless steel bow rails and side rails. A great condition teak back reversible pilot seat off an old Montauk. A brand new Todd center console with a stainless steel grab rail. A brand new 18 gallon Moeller fuel tank with lock downs. A 3/4" King Starboard deck for the center console bridge. I have a 12' Teleflex steering cable. The boat comes with a 2001 Mercury 40hp/50hp 2-stroke, 4 cylinder motor with power tilt and trim, and binnacle mount controls. The motor was originally a 40hp, but jut got a replacement 50hp powerhead, although the parts to tune it back to a 40hp if desired come with it. I also have a CMC static jack plate that will allow you to use this longshaft motor without having to raise the transom. This would make an admirable project for someone handy. I hate to let this go, but I haven't had the time to keep the project going. $3,800.

The goal was to make a boat similar to this one: http://www.whalercentral.com/infusions/ ... er_id=6529

PM me if interested. Located in Vermont.

jmailbox8

Re: 1968 13' Boston Whaler Center Console Project

Postby jmailbox8 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 pm

I just updated the listing. I found a powerhead for the motor.