1988 13ft Boston Whaler w/ Yamaha F40

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
ollie366

1988 13ft Boston Whaler w/ Yamaha F40

Postby ollie366 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:39 pm

1988 13 ft Boston Whaler - Fully Restored

This is for a totally restored a 1988 13 ft Whaler Sport and it looks like a new boat. I’m a retired engineer and this is what I do- restore 13 ft Whalers. This is my 5th restoration and it’s the best one I had to start with.
The boat was bought from the original owner, who kept the boat in a barn, unused for the past 13 years. When I got the boat, it had a junk motor on it and was dirty and slightly oxidized, but completely dry and, under the dirt, in fantastic condition. Virtually no cracks (all 13 ft Whalers have stress cracks), solid transom, and the original brass drain tubes - which look like new.
The boat was on a trailer specifically modified for the 13 ft Whaler. The structure and tires/wheels are solid but most of the ancillary parts were replaced.
The boat needed a motor and after a long search, I found a 2001 Yamaha F40 40 HP four stroke motor with 160 hours used on a pontoon boat on a lake. The boat was totaled by a falling tree so the motor was available. The motor looks like new inside and out. The carbs were completely disassembled and ultrasonically cleaned. The motor runs smoothly throughout the full RPM range with no smoke and very quiet operation.
The specifics, including the new parts included:

1988 Whaler 13 Sport
Fully buffed, polished, and waxed gelcoat, inside and out
Original Boston Whaler mahogany, completely stripped and coated with 5 or more coats of gloss marine polyurethane spar varnish. Ultra smooth finish on console and anchor hatch; less smooth on seats for safety
Stainless steel steering wheel on Teleflex Safe-T-Helm
New nav lights wiring with terminal block and cable cover
New nav light switch
Stainless bow light
Stern all-around light & base
New fuel/water separating filter (10 micron)
New anchor hatch with stainless hatch handle
New ablative bottom paint
New USCG capacity decal
Battery - group 27 (oversized) and new battery box/strap.
New life preservers
Anchor/line
6 gal portable fuel tank with new fuel line and primer bulb

2001 Yamaha F40 40 HP four stroke outboard motor
Power tilt/trim
Remote control with new control cables - throttle and shift
Carbs cleaned and updated carb jets installed
New spark plugs
New premium four stroke engine oil
New lower unit oil (Yamalube gear oil)
New propeller (changed to get proper pitch)
Fittings greased
Polished and waxed

Dilly galvanized trailer
New trailer coupler
New winch strap/hook
New safety chains
New bearing buddies
New fenders
New trailer jack
New trailer wiring
New LED running lights
New ratchet tie down

Options
The boat is complete but I’m willing to add options desired by the buyer prior to delivery. I did this on my last 2 restorations and the new owners were very pleased to customize it and get just what they wanted. The list of potential options follows but other items can be added. Each option will be priced individually and includes the cost of item and installation labor.
Bilge pump - automatic
Tachometer
GPS/fishfinder/ RAM mount
Stainless folding cleats bow/stern
Rod holders
Hour meter
Bimini top
Boat cover
Seat cushions
Drink holders
Dock lines
Fenders

The price of the boat, motor and trailer as described above is $7950. Please contact me at richabrams6@gmail.com if you would like pictures. The boat is located in Westboro, MA

ollie366

Re: 1988 13ft Boston Whaler w/ Yamaha F40

Postby ollie366 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:54 pm

This has been SOLD