Appraisal: 1972 17' Cohasset II (Montauk Hull) Project Boat

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
DJWILLIAMS

Appraisal: 1972 17' Cohasset II (Montauk Hull) Project Boat

Postby DJWILLIAMS » Thu May 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Hey everyone, I and my Dad picked up this [1972 COHASSET II project boat] about 10 years ago to restore but never really got around to it. My dad has recently passed away, and I am thinking of selling this to fund other projects. I would like to request an appraisal or estimated selling price for this limited edition Whaler project boat. I can be contacted at djwilliamsnc (a t) gmail com or via PM on this site.

These pictures were taken when we purchased [the 1972 COHASSET II]. I will also try to take some more recent ones in the next few days. Not much has really changed, except for the trailer (see below) and the seat was removed, but is still available with the aluminum legs. They were just removed from the seat for storage.

http://s275.photobucket.com/user/djwill ... =slideshow

When we purchased it several years ago we serviced the trailer by replacing the rollers with bunks. Marine carpet and treated wood with stainless staples were used. The boat has been sitting on it since. We also replaced one spindle, replaced both bearings with "buddy bearings" and bought two new tires and rims. At this point of "sitting" the tires would NEED to be replaced if towing. Guideposts were added to the trailer, and the axle was flipped to make the boat sit on the trailer/fenders properly. All hardware for the axles were replaced.

The console door is inside the console, the console needs to be secured better (known concern) and I would likely remove it or lay it down prior to shipping/towing.

The boat would need a complete restore; as the non skid is cracked in several places. The motor is not guaranteed to run, however the lower bolts were taken off to allow the splash well to drain.

The boat has been in the same place the whole time, and includes a bimini top that will need new fabric. I cannot recall if it is aluminum or stainless.

Thanks in Advance, and I like the new site BTW!

David