FS: 1982 Outrage 20 twin Johnson 90, tandem axel trailer

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
JCBII

FS: 1982 Outrage 20 twin Johnson 90, tandem axel trailer

Postby JCBII » Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm

After 12 years of owning the Huckleberry, it's time to sell. It is a 1982 Boston Whaler Outrage 20 that sports twin Johnson 90-HP engines, the max horsepower rating for this year.

We are the fourth owners of this boat, and purchased it from the previous owner who lived in Aiken, South Carolina and listed it on Continuous Wave. It began life as the show room model for the Boston Whaler dealer in Charleston. Originally outfitted with twin 75-HP engines and a custom aluminum riser under the console. The previous owner, a patriot who worked for the Department of Homeland Security, re-powered the boat with twin Johnson 90-HP engines at the same dealer a couple years before we acquired her.

Shortly after we purchased the boat, our family began a "deck-off" restoration that included new Raymarine and ICOM electronics, a new Pacific tandem-axel galvanized trailer with Kodiak disc brakes, Mills canvas Bimini top, new cushions with original style fabric, new wiring and hoses as needed, and replaced the under-deck plywood and fiberglass, No expenses were spared in our restoration. Additionally we outfitted a 35-gallon Kodiak live well with a pump that sits between the rear hand-rail stanchions when fishing with live bait. A pair of Lee Outrigger Bases and three-piece aluminum outriggers are included. Delta Canvas sewed a full canvas cover for the boat and engines. The cover comes with tie downs and can be used for towing. It also has a console cover for times when you want to quickly cover the helm and electronics.

I've listed the condition as good because the bright work (oil teak and varnish decking) needs to be done, metal polished and a few spider cracks in the gel coat need to be repaired. An easy project for a new owner. Jim Linder who owns Palmetto Marine has done the service since we moved to Summerville, SC back in 2014. Prior to that Boat City Marine in Michigan performed all service. Tweleve years of service records and spares go with the boat including OMC two-stroke oil, Behlen teak oil, Pettit Flagship Varnish, stainless fittings, Taylor bumpers, two mooring lines. Everything you need to get on the water and enjoy this beautiful classic and take care of her. Last year Charleston trailer replaced the spindles, hubs, Kodiak breaks and the coupler along with the spare (never used) on the trailer. Palmetto Marine just finished service this week.

These boats are rare and finding one with well maintained twins makes this boat truly unique. 1982 was one of the last years Boston Whaler produced the Outrage with wood. I'm asking $16,000. Once the bright work, metal and gel coat work is complete the price is $20,000.

I can provide additional pics, hull ID along with proof of titles for hull and engines upon request. Anyone who knows they boats know they are far more than a boat, they become a member of the family. I'm looking for a good home for her. Please contact me for additional information; Jim (916) 871-8487

mburnette

Re: FS: 1982 Outrage 20 twin Johnson 90, tandem axel trailer

Postby mburnette » Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 am

Can you please send me some pictures of the boat? Thx

Phil T

Re: FS: 1982 Outrage 20 twin Johnson 90, tandem axel trailer

Postby Phil T » Tue May 22, 2018 9:53 am

How about posting one or two teaser photos?

If you need help, contact me offline.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003