MAY BE FOR SALE: 1972 COHASSET II, 2011 ETEC 90, Galveston TX

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
chanjamf

MAY BE FOR SALE: 1972 COHASSET II, 2011 ETEC 90, Galveston TX

Postby chanjamf » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Thinking about selling my rarely used 1972 Whaler. I believe it is a Cohasset II Model. 2011 ETec 90 HP sw motor. I believe wee have only filled the oil tank once. Based on what a new ETEC costs I'm thinking my price is $10,000. I'll listen to offers. Thanks for looking

I can be contacted through craigslist or through the pm capacity of this board.

Pictures can be found https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/19 ... 97274.html

Here is the text from the CL add.
Up for sale is a 1972 Boston Whaler with a 2011 Evinrude ETEC 90 hp saltwater engine. The boat is located on the West End of Galveston Island.

I got this boat on EBAY in 2011 from the estate of a WWII vet in Dallas. I paid around $3.5K for it According to the original owner's son, it was used in the summer at Possum Kingdom lake with annual trips to Laguna Madre. When he was not using the boat, it resided in his garage.

When I got the boat, I replaced the original Mercury motor with a 90 hp Evinrude ETEC saltwater motor, purchased from Red Wing Boat Company. I paid about $9k for the motor, prop, and installation.

Since we had it, we have taken it out maybe 25 times in the bay off the west end of Galveston island. Always ran great, would top out around 38/40 mph with 2 adults and a kid aboard. When done for the day it was always cleaned and the motor flushed with fresh water. When not being used it was stored inside my garage We have not used it for two years, but when I pulled it out today for the pictures, after charging the battery it fired right up.

The Whaler model is a Cohasset II, which was the predecessor to the Montauk. These were only made for a couple of years. I believe the hulls are the same.

This is a great boat. The hull is solid but has "spider web" cracks in the original gel coat. The wood shines with teak oil. The original seat has a split in it.

The motor is fantastic, and clean. It does not have an hours gauge, but I suspect there are less than 50 hours on it

The boat could be used as is, or about $6 grand could be dropped into it (gel coat, modernize console, Bimini top, ...) and you would have a fine machine.

The trailer is functional. The axle, springs, and wheels were replaced last summer.

I don't need to sell the boat, but hate seeing it not used. I have stated what I have into it and am not looking to get that. I am not going to give it away. If you have read this far, and are interested, CL email me and we can talk.

As an experienced CL seller, I need to state the fine print. I'm a good guy, but not a bank. Cash only. Not interested in any trades, but if you have something cool.

$