For sale: a like-new 2002 13 ft Whaler Sport with a Suzuki 30-HP four-stroke-power-cycle engine three years of factory warranty remaining. I’m a retired engineer and this is what I do: restore 13 ft Whalers- just sold my fifth restored Whaler. This was my second restoration and it came out so good, I decided to keep it.
The boat is in the water in East Falmouth, Massachusetts ready for a demo ride for serious buyers. $9900 or best reasonable offer.
This hull is a modified vee design that has a dry ride without the pounding of the “classic Whalers”. The all fiberglass interior results in very low maintenance; just wax it in the beginning of the boating season. The hull is self-bailing at rest but is equipped with a Rule automatic bilge pump as a backup.
The boat came with a 2002 Mercury engine that I removed and installed on one of my restoration projects. I then bought and installed a new 2015 Suzuki DF30ATL with power tilt-trim, electric (or manual) start, new side mounted controls, new control cables, and an aluminum prop, which was selected to provide full operating RPM at full throttle. The engine is extremely efficient and the included 6-gallon tank lasts a very long time. THe engine is very quiet. It starts instantly every time.
I added a Racor water separating fuel filter with a 10 micron rating.
Te engine has always had Yamaha fuel conditioner added to preserve the fuel and keep the injectors clean. The engine has undergone the annual Suzuki recommended maintenance using Suzuki oil and filters. The lower unit oil was changed at the end of each season using Yamalube lower unit oil (which I use in my other boat). All spent fluids look like new during the change at the end of the season.
The seating can easily hold eight adults. Cushions are included for the main seat and the console side seat. The main seat has two custom made backrests on stainless brackets that make cruising very comfortable, while not hindering access to the beach chairs and water toys held in the ample space behind the main seat. Four life preservers are stored in a bag under the side seat. There’s an anchor locker with a Danforth style anchor and line.
The boat is equipped with a Suzuki/Faria tachometer that is connected to the Suzuki computer and provides an alert if the water temperature is too high, the oil level too low or the RPM too high. There’s a matching Faria depth gauge and water temp indicator. Also included is a Garmin fishfinder/GPS chartplotter and transom mounted transducer.
The boat has self-actuating Bennett trim tabs that help the boat jump up on plane very quickly but do not provide additional drag once on plane.
The Boston Whaler galvanized trailer is equipped with safety chains, wiring, trailer jack, winch strap, 2-inch ball coupler, bearing buddies and bunk glides (makes it easier to launch/retrieve), all of which are 2 years old or less. Most of the original steel bolts on the trailer have been replaced with 304 stainless bolts/nuts/washers.
The specifics are as follows:
• 2002 13 ft Boston Whaler hull, fully buffed, polished and waxed
• 2015 Suzuki 30HP installed in Sept 2015, 3 yrs remaining Suzuki warranty
• Power tilt/trim, Michigan prop
• Maintained with Suzuki filter/oil
• Flushed after each use
• New Suzuki controls and control cables in 2015, original operation manual
• Suzuki/Faria tachometer with integrated warning lights
• Faria depth meter with water or air temperature
• Navigation lights with stainless receptacle
• Custom backrests with powder coated stainless brackets
• USB powered outlet
• Under dash storage compartment
• 6 gal Suzuki portable gas tank
• Boston Whaler bunk trailer with bunk glides, new winch strap, stainless steel bolts, trailer jack, new safety chains, bearing buddies
• Garmin GPS chartplotter/sonar with transom mounted transducer
• Whaler cushions for helm and mid seat
• Stainless steel steering wheel with assist knob
• Four fold down cleats bolted into Whaler encapsulated wood/phenolic - bow/transom
• Racor water separating fuel filter
• Keel Guard for protection of bottom
• CSC Micron Bottom paint
• Bennett SLT6 Self-Leveling Trim Tabs
• Rule automatic bilge pump (although the hull is self-bailing)
• Four new life jackets in case
• Anchor and line
All Suzuki manuals and complete service manual CD included.
For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
1 post • Page 1 of 1