SOLD: Garlick EEz-In Swim Ladder

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
jimh

SOLD: Garlick EEz-In Swim Ladder

Postby jimh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:15 pm

[Now sent at no cost to a long time participant of the website who can use it]: a unused but older model Garlick EEz-In Swim Ladder. I got this ladder about a decade ago, hoping it would be useful for mounting on my boat. The ladder is not suitable for my boat, and my wife says it has to go.

Description: this is a telescoping stainless steel swim ladder with three steps. From what I can tell from the mounting hardware, it is designed to be mounded UNDER a swim platform. The ladder can be stowed under the swim platform, then pulled out and allowed to extend into the water.

At the end of each tubular leg there is a cross pin that captivates the ladder in the two mounting brackets. The mounting brackets must fasten to the underside of a swim platform. The brackets are made of stainless steel with considerable thickness and strength. Each bracket has four mounting holes. The two brackets and their eight mounting holes and associated mounting fasteners will bear the entire weight of the ladder, the swimmer climbing the ladder, and the turning moment of the weight on the ladder steps trying to rotate the ladder to a directly downward position. The bracket is designed to stop the ladder rotation downward at a proper angle so the ladder can be climbed more easily and won't change angle. See the illustrations below:

fig1.jpg
Fig. 1. Swim ladder is stowed position, as seen from below; the red area is the bottom of the swim platform.
fig1.jpg (48.89 KiB) Viewed 1991 times

fig2.jpg
Fig. 2. Swim ladder in deployed position, see from side. The mounting brackets are designed to stop the downward fall of the ladder at an angle that permits the ladder to be more easily climbed by the swimmer.
fig2.jpg (42.45 KiB) Viewed 1955 times

This ladder has a elastic loop cord (shown above) that will stop the ladder rungs from telescoping outward when stowed. Also, there is a velcro strap and nylon retainer plate (not shown) that can be used to hold the telescoped-inward ladder in the stowed position. From what I can deduce, the nylon plate is fastened to the underside of the swim ladder and captivates the velcro strap in place. The strap then is wrapped around the telescoped rungs and holds the ladder in the stowed position.

This ladder will be useful to someone with a transom mounted swim platform that is strong enough to tolerate the load of a swimmer climbing up the ladder, that is, the total weight and the considerable turning moment exerted.

Price: the asking price depends on the buyer, as follows:

For a buyer who owns a Boston Whaler boat and has been participating in the website discussion forums, the ladder price is FREE.

For a buyer that I don't know, who has never participated in the forum, and may or may not have a Boston Whaler boat, the ladder is $20.

Shipping will be from SE Michigan. I think this will fit into a US Postal Service Priority box, so shipping should be about $30. Any buyer prepays for shipping. Payment by PayPal. Local pickup can be arranged should a local buyer appear.

If you are interested, please send me an email (jimh@continuouswave.com) with subject line SWIM LADDER. Or send me a PM via the forum. I will wait a reasonable amount of time to see if anyone is interested before announcing the sale or further price reductions.

I would prefer the ladder go to someone who can use it. It has been sitting in my closet too long and should be bolted onto a boat and be useful.

jimh

Re: FS: Garlick EEz-In Swim Ladder--SOLD

Postby jimh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 am

UPDATE: the swim ladder has found a new home, and perhaps a new boat to be installed on. Several people made very gracious inquiries about the ladder; it went to a long-time participant in the website and forum that I know personally.