FS: 1982 17 Sport, 90 HP Johnson, Load-Rite Trailer

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
John C.

FS: 1982 17 Sport, 90 HP Johnson, Load-Rite Trailer

Postby John C. » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:39 pm

1982 Boston Whaler 17’ Sport, Johnson 90 hp motor, Load-Rite trailer, Central Virginia, $8000

Photos at this link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xdmDHaBGDxMCnKY7_ZGm6ae43xHW9KML

I bought this Whaler from a local man who was the second owner. It originally lived at Smith Mountain Lake, then for about ten years in Charlottesville and South Carolina, and has been with me since September 2015. I have used it on Lake Anna and the freshwater stretches of the Rappahannock River. This boat lives on its trailer in my heated garage year-round. I’m selling it in order to move to a larger Whaler for boating in the Chesapeake Bay.

This is a tough, stable, sharp looking boat. The Sport configuration includes one full bench seat and one ¾ bench just forward of the helm console. It’s designed for seated piloting, though you can stand to pilot as well. It’s excellent for towing a tube or skier, fishing, and cruising. For my family, it was a versatile and perfect first all-around Whaler.

The boat includes a 54-quart Igloo Marine Ultra cooler, set in corner blocks that are attached to the deck; 12-gallon Moeller fuel tank mounted beneath the bench seat; anchor, rode, fenders, and dock lines; transom tie-downs; a rope swim ladder; two rail-mounted Smith rod holders; a non-Mills boat cover; set of PFDs; a gallon of engine oil and a supply of lower unit oil; and all safety and USCG-required signal equipment, including fire extinguisher. I’ll also include a towing bridle, tow rope, and two-person towable inflatable.

All maintenance and service is up to date including new battery 2018, new bronze drain tube for the rigging tunnel drain in 2018, new rigging tunnel cover 2019, and new varnish touch-up on woodwork 2019.

This boat is powered by a 90 horsepower Johnson outboard motor. Top speeds as measured by GPS top out at 46 mph. The motor has been completely reliable and regularly maintained. It’s set for the spring—turn key ready to go, no problems.

There is one old deck repair just in front of the bench seat. One breach of the fiberglass less than 2” long on the starboard side, two dings to the gelcoat—one on each sponson—each smaller than the size of a quarter. These defects were present when I bought the boat and have caused no trouble or indicated need for repair.

Boat comes with a newer Load-Rite roller trailer. Trailer coupling, jack, and winch greased; all rollers checked and okay as of January 2019.

Please contact by email: john dot t dot casteen at gmail dot com

John C.

Re: FS: 1982 17 Sport, 90 HP Johnson, Load-Rite Trailer

Postby John C. » Fri May 03, 2019 7:30 am

Bump. Price reduced to $7500.

John C.

Re: FS: 1982 17 Sport, 90 HP Johnson, Load-Rite Trailer

Postby John C. » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Second / last bump. Price reduced to $7000.00. Thanks for looking--

John