OEM Lee Outrigger Mount & Lee's AP315 Outrigger Poles

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
flippa

OEM Lee Outrigger Mount & Lee's AP315 Outrigger Poles

Postby flippa » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Rare OEM Lee Outrigger Mount & Lee's AP315 Outrigger Poles for Boston Whaler classic center consoles.

These were an optional accessory on classic Outrages and Montauks. The system will mount to any Whaler console rail with a Sheppard Crook, 1971 - 1990, Super or Regular console, Outrages or Montauks. These mounts and poles are no longer available and rarely come up for sale.

I have not attempted to clean them at all, I wanted the buyer to see them as they are. The chrome is in good condition; it has minimal pitting and should polish up quite well. The aluminum is somewhat chalky as one would expect from being exposed to the salt air for many years. I have heard of guys cleaning/polishing these, however I believe that they will just continue to corrode/look chalky unless you were to coat it. I just noticed the plastic for the "rub-rail" has a slight split on the bottom of the starboard front edge (it is brittle, 40 year old plastic). This has been secured with a piece of tape, perhaps it can be glued.

Included with this package is a set of Lee's AP315 15' outrigger poles with the chromed curved bases that fit the holders in the casting. These are like new and break down into four 4' lengths which screw together. These original Lee pole sets are no longer made or available.

It includes everything you need to mount these to your boat as long as you have the console rails & sheppards crook. You only need to drill two holes in the console and two SS bolts, nuts & lock washers to connect it to the console. I recommend using long bolts and a piece of marine plywood on the interior of the console to reduce stressing the fiberglass.

I only used them a few times, but I really liked the setup. They are high enough that you can walk under them. I could even have the shelter & flying top up with them deployed. The only thing is that you cannot have the windshield in place.

The complete setup consisting of the base and pole sets, a bargain at $675, plus shipping. Send me a message including your email and I will send you a bunch of pictures of the set.

Larry

jimd

Re: OEM Lee Outrigger Mount & Lee's AP315 Outrigger Poles

Postby jimd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:44 am

I will take them. I sent you an email and PM.

flippa

Postby flippa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 pm

These are still available.

Apparently this is an early setup (70's vintage) of the Lee's outrigger. I am unaware of what the differences are between the two.

Send me a message if interested and I will forward a bunch of pictures.

flippa

Postby flippa » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:00 am

A few pictures of the set and while deployed on my old boat.

Whaler outriggers.jpg
Whaler outriggers.jpg (126.31 KiB) Viewed 9055 times

BW Outriggers.JPG
BW Outriggers.JPG (81.7 KiB) Viewed 9055 times

The outriggers shown are an older fiberglass set, not the Lee's AP315 poles

flippa

Postby flippa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 am

These have been sold locally.

Thanks Ken, hope you enjoy them and catch many, many fish.