FREE 1972 Boston Whaler 13 project boat

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
Pimster

FREE 1972 Boston Whaler 13 project boat

Postby Pimster » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:26 am

FREE BOSTON WHALER. I have a 1972 Boston Whaler 13 with all the parts (wooden seats and steering console, stainless steel steering wheel, Evinrude controls, etc.) NO ENGINE. Includes trailer. This is a project boat. She served as a chase boat for a local yacht club, but sat on her trailer and became waterlogged. I stripped it, drilled about a dozen 1-inch holes in her deck and a few in the stern (none in the bottom) and the boat spent two years in a heated garage and is now bone dry, but I haven't had time to fix it up. This model has the 20-inch raised transom. It pains me to part with it and I don't want it cut up. In Monmouth County, NJ. Free to a good home. My wife wants it gone. Let me know if you are interested. I will be watching this space.

rtk

Re: FREE 1972 Boston Whaler 13 project boat

Postby rtk » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:26 am

Good Morning,

I am very interested in the boat. I belong to Pine Beach Yacht Club and we were discussing how great the old small whalers are for chase boats and finding older boats to fix up would be an economical way to get good boats on the water. This looks like a perfect candidate for that purpose.

Do you have a title for the boat? I am available tomorrow morning at your convenience to look at the boat- if it is a viable boat for this purpose I will get it out of your garage early next week when it is not supposed to rain.

Thank You,

Rich (pm sent with contact info)

Pimster

Postby Pimster » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 am

I should have the tile. I need to go look for it. It is next to the garage, upside down on the trailer with a tarp over it. I drilled about a dozen one-inch holes in the deck and a couple in the stern to dry it out. If you're still interested, come by tomorrow and look at it. My email is pimvanhemmen@me.com

69wailer

Postby 69wailer » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 am

I am also interested. I responded to your Craigslist ad as well.

Pimster

Postby Pimster » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi, the first person to respond came and looked at the boat and they are taking it. I wish I had more whalers to give away. Amazing how many people wanted it.