SOLD: 1973 Tashmoo 17'

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
Nube83

SOLD: 1973 Tashmoo 17'

Postby Nube83 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:51 pm

For-sale: a 1973 Boston Whaler Tashmoo with 1974 Evinrude 85-HP outboard engine that still runs well and has never left me stranded. The engine usually requires starting fluid for cold starts. There is no [power] tilt-trim, and trailer with hinged tongue recently installed. The boat is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the asking price is $6,000.

The venerable Tashmoo is one of the less common classic Whalers so take a look in the reference section of this forum to get better idea of what this model has to offer. I purchased it about five years ago from a gentleman in the Detroit area. Before that I understand it resided in Ohio.

In the time I have owned this boat, I've performed several upgrades:
  • change all light bulbs to LED including trailer
  • installed new bilge pump last spring
  • installed an additional West Marine electrical switch panel that now has several unused circuits
  • cleaned up or replaced electrical wiring and connections
  • installed an LED light bar at the bow of the boat with light intensity of 2,700 lumen
Included in the sale will be:
  • Uniden VHF Marine Band radio with eight-foot Shakespeare antenna (installed last spring)
  • GPS/fish-finder (also installed last spring with a transom saver, Humminbird Helix 5
  • original bow cushions and wooden hatch
  • brand new spare propeller
  • marine battery
  • one year old 12 gallon fuel tank
  • outboard service manuals
  • lower unit oil filler
  • various new consumable engine parts
  • life jackets
  • oars
  • fire extinguisher
  • original bow cushion
  • and wooden hatch.

I am selling because we only use the boat three-times per year, and I would rather spend my time on projects that get more use. And my wife wants the garage back.

Please contact me at bpcusick@yahoo.com for more information.

Nube83

Re: FS: 1973 Tashmoo 17'

Postby Nube83 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:41 pm

Here is a link to some pictures I took today after washing and cleaning with Collinite 920 via my Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i9fhu1b2orb2kk7/AAAJQj4JzASKy3LiXYhWEm_ya?dl=0

Nube83

Re: FS: 1973 Tashmoo 17'

Postby Nube83 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:41 am

Boat has been SOLD