SOLD: 1968 Menemsha with 2020 Tohatsu 60hp, galvanized trailer in CT

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
jimmbobb

SOLD: 1968 Menemsha with 2020 Tohatsu 60hp, galvanized trailer in CT

Postby jimmbobb » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm

I am offering for sale my 1968 Menemsha, repowered in June with a new 2020 Tohatsu MFS60 4-stroke outboard and a 1994 Calkins galvanized trailer.

The boat is in the water on Lake Housatonic in western Connecticut, ready for a test drive.

I am asking $12,500 for the package, or $6,500 for the Menemsha without engine if you'd prefer something vintage.

The boat is in good used condition and is not restored. The previous owner removed the seat complex but I have it complete including the legs and their feet. He put in a single helm seat on a post and that is how I have used it. The port front hatch is a replacement piece lacking the "eye" window and bracket, but is correct. I do not have the stern rail. The previous owner also installed a small Garelick bench seat on the port side. The marine head was removed before I purchased; I do still have the cushion that sat over it. I do have a custom (non-Mills) mooring cover that works but is ready for some care.

I use the boat 3-5 days per week as a commuter on the lake, and have towed it to the St Lawrence River for hopping among the Thousand Islands.

The Tohatsu is a very light engine, and well-matched to the boat. It will do 30mph at 5550 rpm which was the target speed; prop selection should get you a few more mph if that is your goal. It has ~40 hours on it (changes weekly with use) and everything was great at its 20-hour service. Because of the light weight there is plenty of capacity for a kicker or a very large gas tank for excursions; my goal was to carry a 28-gallon tank with a 3-gallon backup for a long adventure next summer, with fuel and battery in the stern and far away from the cabin where I would be sleeping. I will include a 6, 12, or 28 gallon tank at the buyer's request.

This boat has been and is a joy, but I am whittling down my projects. No rush to sell but would be happy to see it go to a good home. Boat and trailer are registered in CT in my name.

Please email: jimmbobb [at mac dot com]
Photos can be seen at https://joelfurtek.smugmug.com/Menemsha/n-XnP26F.

jimmbobb

Re: FS: 1968 Menemsha with 2020 Tohatsu 60hp, galvanized trailer in CT

Postby jimmbobb » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:58 am

The Menemsha is now on the trailer and ready for your inspection or a ride to its new home. Could be put in the water today, or pulled into the barn and spruced up for Spring. At the link above, I've added some 'sterile' photos of the boat on the trailer to approximate a walkaround.

Harpoon

Postby Harpoon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm

Very cool boat !

jimmbobb

Postby jimmbobb » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:37 pm

Boat, trailer, and motor are off to a new home.