FS: 1987 Outrage 18 "Project" for $4,500 in Florida

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
Classic 18

FS: 1987 Outrage 18 "Project" for $4,500 in Florida

Postby Classic 18 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:06 am

For-sale: for $4,500 OBO in Monticello, Florida: a project 1987 Outrage 18 with an 2002 Honda BF130 engine and trailer.

I purchased this boat from the father of a co-worker about five years ago. I worked on the boat extensively for about six months. Recently the boat has sat covered under my barn for more than two years. My priorities have shifted and I don't see myself getting back to this project anytime soon.

The boat was and is in pretty rough shape cosmetically, but it is solid. I have stripped the hull, hollowed out the transom (my intention was to go back with a composite pour), built a new deck, purchased a new fuel tank (O.E. Florida Marine Tanks), completely gone through the engine, and have purchased many new parts to complete the boat.

The boat sits on a galvanized trailer that is in great shape (could use new bunks) with very little rust.

The hour meter for the motor shows around 250-hours. I replaced all components of the fuel system including low and high pressure pumps, all fuel hoses and filters, one fuel injector, thermostat, water pump and housing, new fluids top and bottom, and new plugs. All parts are O.E. Honda parts. The engine does need new battery cables and controls, although I have the old ones which may be usable. The motor runs like a top on the engine stand. I start it up occasionally to keep things operational.

My co-worker (who I trust) who used the boat occasionally told me the engine ran great anytime he used the boat. The boat lived in Destin, Florida, for some time, and it was most recently used in a freshwater lake for the last 10 years prior to me getting it. I am located in Monticello, Florida.

Link to pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EKOX8RUTJ4A2gKmG2

Contact Info:
Josh Smith
850-933-6536 (call/text-leave message if no answer)
joshuakylesmith@gmail.com

FL21WAC

Re: FS: 1987 Outrage 18 "Project" for $4,500 in Florida

Postby FL21WAC » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:00 pm

For others benefit; I went to see this project Outrage 18 a few months ago, in person. I found the hull to be a solid project, paused in mid-restoration, but very assumable. The work done so far was careful and well executed and with quality (west systems) materials. The motor is in really nice shape (good running and fully serviced with factory parts)and makes this a very good deal. The seller has carefully kept EVERYTHING associated with the disassembly/rebuild. I would LOVE to buy this project personally, but my wife has forbid any additional projects. Hope this helps others; its a nice project with a great motor at a fair price.
1991 21 Walkaround, 2001 Yamaha 250 OX66
1987 Outrage 18 [project]