FS: 1986 Revenge 25 Walk-Through $9,900 in Massachusetts

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
BoatGeek

FS: 1986 Revenge 25 Walk-Through $9,900 in Massachusetts

Postby BoatGeek » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:31 pm

For-sale: a 1986 REVENGE 25 Walk-Through for $9,900 in Massachusetts.

A classic 25' Whaler Revenge is a highly-sought-after model. This boat has the standard transom, optional fiberglass bow pulpit, and fiberglass cockpit coamings. It has a huge cockpit and easy access to the bow with a pull out ladder and walkthrough windshield. This boat is dry, stable, seaworthy, and safe.

REVENGE25WT.jpg
Fig. 1. REVENGE 25 W-T.
REVENGE25WT.jpg (75.12 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

This boat has plumbing for a marine head. I removed the galley components to make more room in cabin but I still have them available. Interior cushions are in good shape.

A galvanized dual-axle bunk trailer with keel rollers for easy launching and retrieval. One of the lamps is broken but the trailer is solid and roadworthy.

The engine is a 1986 Evinrude 200-HP two stroke outboard. It was in good running condition when the boat was laid-up but has not been used for many years. No corrosion under the cover. Needs a starter solenoid. Shaft turns freely. Stainless steel propeller.

The steering is Teleflex SeaStar Hydraulic steering. I set the boat up with side mount [engine controls] as an experiment. I like it that way because it frees up space on the dash for electronics. but you could still go back to the original top-mount set-up if you prefer.

Boat has sat unused for many years. Hull is dry and in good shape, needing only some minor cosmetic work. Cockpit needs seats, and some gelcoat repair on deck. Had a full width stern seat which is rotted out but the legs and backrest hardware are still in place. Needs an anchor locker cover but one could easily be made out of Starboard.

This boat is a bit of a project but it's a good foundation to set up a classic Whaler just the way you like it. With some new accessories and a little mechanical knowhow you could easily make this boat great again (yeah I went there). I'm open to reasonable offers but I don't think you'll find a better price for a classic 25' Whaler that doesn't need major hull repair or glass work.

Photographs available at: https://capecod.craigslist.org/boa/d/ma ... 83891.html

Price: $9,900

Email me at: WhalerRevenge25WT@gmail.com

jimh

Re: FS: 1986 25' Revenge Walk Through

Postby jimh » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:21 am

Moderator's note: several of the pictures used in the for-sale listing linked above are not pictures of the boat for sale. I am confident of this because two pictures used are pictures of my boat. The pictures of my boat have been used without my permission and without clearly identifying those pictures as not the boat for sale.