Classic 25-foot Hull; Tank Dimensions; 140-gallon

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
peteinsf

Classic 25-foot Hull; Tank Dimensions; 140-gallon

Postby peteinsf » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi All. I am looking for the dimensions or an official drawing of a 140-gallon fuel tank as used in the classic 25-foot hull in Outrage, Revenge, and Challenger models. The drawing needs enough detail to permit having one built locally. I hope I am not the first guy to try this.

I have measured the one I removed but the tank fabricator asked me some things I had not considered, e.g., is the tank's keel centered?

Maybe I am worrying too much.

Pete.

cc378

Re: Classic 25-foot Hull; Tank Dimensions; 140-gallon

Postby cc378 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:45 pm

When I replaced the boat's fuel tank last winter, I first pulled the old tank from my Outrage 25 and gave it to a local fabricator to copy. Why not do the same in your case?

Stephen

peteinsf

Re: Classic 25-foot Hull; Tank Dimensions; 140-gallon

Postby peteinsf » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Stephen. Two highly-recommended replacement fuel tank [fabricators] are in Los Angeles and San Diego. I offered to ship [the original fuel tank to] them, but they thought careful measuring would work just as well. Even if I ship [the original fuel tank to] them, the cost in total [of locally fabricating a replacement fuel tank] will be less than the [cost of buying a replacement fuel tank from] Florida.

My hope was that the brain trust would have the official document around to validate my measurements.