c.1984 OUTRAGE 18: Mounting Forward Shelter

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
dunstr

c.1984 OUTRAGE 18: Mounting Forward Shelter

Postby dunstr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:58 am

Recently [I] found a original [Forward Shelter] for the front of my 1984 OUTRAGE 18. The previous owner removed the front hardware required to mount. All the snaps along the front are in place but the old hardware to mount the [frame] is what is needed.

[What hardware is needed to mount a Forward Shelter on an 1984 OUTRAGE 18]?

Where [is the hardware installed]?

Thanks for the help.

jimh

Re: c.1984 OUTRAGE 18: Mounting Forward Shelter

Postby jimh » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:47 am

I recommend you contact the manufacturer of the forward shelter. The forward shelter, if original, was probably made by the Wm. J. Mills & Co. of Greenport, New York. Typically any boat canvas made by Wm. J. Mills & Co. can be easily identified by a sewn-in silk label that identifies Mills as the maker. If the label is in good condition you can also read an identifying number. From that number it is likely Mills will know precisely what product you have.

The Wm. J. Mills & Co. canvas manufacturing operation is still in business. They can supply you with instructions for installation and the missing hardware components. Visit their website for the latest contact information.

http://www.millscanvas.com/

The top page of the website shows their silk sewn-in product label.

Off the top of my head, your boat is probably missing a set of hinge mounting brackets and some small cleats. These parts and their location will be detailed in the installation instructions.