OEM Rub Rails and Flexible Inserts

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
OldKenT

OEM Rub Rails and Flexible Inserts

Postby OldKenT » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Jim has an excellent posting on rub rails in the reference section. Following his lead, I went to the Barbour Plastics web site, which led me to the web site for Integrity Marine Corp., http://www.integritymarinecorp.com, which is now the supplier of Whaler OEM rigid rub rails and flexible inserts, as well as rub rails and inserts for many other boat manufacturers. My phone call for assistance in ordering a new insert for the original rub rail on my 17' 1985 Newport led to my visiting the factory in nearby Brockton, MA, where I met the company president Mark Demers. Mark gave me a tour of the plant, and told me that Integrity's plant in Atlanta now makes the Whaler rub rails and inserts, and those for most other boat manufacturer's, as most pleasure boats are now made in the Southeatern U.S. The Brockton plant makes rub rails and inserts for fishing and commercial boats, and pleasure boats made in the Northeast, particularly in Maine.
Integrity's web site gives excellent size, color and profile and pricing information about rigid rub rails and flexible inserts so, if you do not have a trusted supplier of what you need, you can find it on their site and order directly from them. Mark's phone number is listed on the site, and customers are invited to call for assistance.
For my 1985 Newport, the original R1050 rigid rub rail is in still in excellent condition, so all I needed was the insert - F850, which i was able to order in scarlet.
1985 Newport 17
2018 Yamaha F70LA
2017 LoadRite 5S-172200